1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you had to change your name?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Robert, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What would you change your name to if you had to change it?

I'm really in to Russian names right now, so I would call myself something along the lines of "Djugashvili".

:slight_smile::slight_smile:

2. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

I would never never ever ever change my name but if I HAD TO CHANGE IT I wouldn't know what pick I would probably pick something German or Russian too even though my name is already like that

3. Veronica

Well, as I have a male name and don't much care for being male, I'd like to change it to Veronica Addams :slight_smile:

4. Bolin

I'd change my name to "Ethan." :3

5. Kidd

Kidd Guest

My name is Gage and even though I like it, it's sort of unusual and unheard of and I always get asked really tired questions because of it. In my entire life I have never met another Gage in person, and I almost want something a little more traditional and plain--something like Sam or Jack.

6. JakeupTown

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Henry Everett Graham

7. Katelynn

Well, I just started to plan out my transitioning, but when it comes time for my legal name changes on everything, I'm changing it to Kiertsen Marie for my first & middle names.

8. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Blaine or Isaac, I guess.

9. 4alex6

If I had the chance to change my name, I would change it what my real Russian name was before I was adopted: Aleksandr Alekseyevich Vasilyev.

10. KB2111

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i wouldnt change my name just the spelling
    my name is pronounced kylie but its spelled kailey so people pronounce it like kaylee...im used to it now but when i was younger if you wanted to piss me off that was the way to do it.

but if i absolutley had to change it...i'd probably go with avery or harper

11. If I lived in an english speaking country, Meredith :grin:
    Love that name, for some reason.

12. Fiddledeedee

Maria Kaitlyn Abigail Lanford. The fore and middle names are just ones I like, and the surname is that of my great-great-great-great-great-GREAT-grandfather, who is the farthest that my third-cousin-twice-removed could trace the family when I was born. If ever I can go further back then the new oldest name in our family will take the place of Lanford. Unless I decide I prefer the name of my mother's father's mother's mother's mother's mother's father: Jolly. :slight_smile:

13. Shmoe

Chauncy, Charleston or Jerry.

I like my name though, Not many people have it and it suits me. What it is, Well that is a tale for another time.

14. Vivien

Vivien Guest

Well I would go with Vivien lol.. but I feel like that to out there and that... hmmmm well it depends if I was trying to go undercover and pass I would want something that didnt bring attention to itself but for now I like Vivien or Audrey (Im in love with those actors) so for an undercover name.. idk Alex since my name is Alec idk iv been called that sooo soo many freakin times I think it would be a really easy transition..KB2111 i know how you feel people would call me alex to annoy me or phalic or calic lol stuff like that

15. Dominoflare

Dominoflare Guest

My name is Sabrina...since i'm quarter japanese and my japanese name(given to me by my grandmother) is Jin so i'd proably change my first name to that.

16. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I almost tried to go by a different name for a while, before realizing it wasn't worth it, but if I had no choice, I would use the name I almost went with: Shannon. It's a gender-neutral name that I really like, and being that I have barely any regard for gender norms (and that I don't really identify as male, or anything else, for that matter), I think a gender neutral name suits me better.

17. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    See. Russian spelling makes everything cool. "Aleksandr" is such a better name than "Alexander".

Its like "Peter" and "Pyotr" :slight_smile:

I thought that Shannon was used only for girls?

I must live a rather sheltered life.

18. starfish

I think I'd go with Slarty Bardfast.

19. paper person

I always change my answer to this question if you asked me a month a go i would have said Calvin Horowitz.

but right now I would really love Alan Montgomery.

20. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

There are quite a few males Shannons (the Wikipedia page for the name outlines a few). The most prominent ones I can think of are Shannon Lucas, drummer of The Black Dahlia Murder and formerly the drummer of All That Remains, and Shannon Leto, drummer for 30 Seconds to Mars. According to the 1990 US Census, Shannon was the 317th most popular name for men at the time.