1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disturbing site

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RaeofLite, Aug 22, 2011.

1. RaeofLite

2. JaeScheisse

Out Status:
    A few people
    im offended ;l

3. Cantthinkofone

"Women can't be reached through traditionally masculine lines of thought--logical, analytical, devoid of emotional expression"
    um...
    WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WOMAN?!
    "society expects her to be out working and providing for herself instead of puttering in her garden"
    seriously? so women shouldn't work, they should be pampered in a garden? As far as I'm concerned that would a miserable existence. Also, which century does this woman live in?
    Also, I think women slept with other women way back when they didn't work and were being pampered in gardens. Logic fail.

4. maverick

Yes, apparently this lady has never heard of a Boston marriage before. :grin:

Fixed that for her.

In the words of Coyote, how do you like them apples?

[​IMG]

A society in which women can fulfill "the masculine role" by themselves is a very scary one to prejudiced heterosexuals, who think we might just give it a go and shun men entirely a la Amazon women.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That site def annoys me >_>

6. Kamens

I saw "transitioning lesbians" and I immediately closed the page. Why can't they just get it through their head that we can't/have no desire to change?

7. Mad Man L

That website is crazy. I'm pretty sure if there was a "cure", we'd take it considering the amount of sh*t one has to put up with being bi/gay and how much easier being heterosexual is.

8. maverick

If you could pray the gay away, I'd be straight as a two by four by now. Religious people should NOT set up that kind of spiritual failure for people. All it does is make people feel like if they loved God just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit more that he would somehow wiggle His nose and make them straight.

It don't work like that chickies. All it really does is drive more folks out of the church.

9. Mogget

I'm always disturbed by this argument. In the first place, it commits serious bisexual erasure. Bisexuals can, in effect, choose to be straight (or gay), by seeking out only partners of a particular sex. In the second, it gives credence to the idea that homosexuality is a disorder that needs to be cured. In the third, it normalizes homophobia by implying that homophobia is a normal and inescapable part of gay existence.

10. Veronica

I just read a long list of conservative sexist bullshit there.

---------- Post added 23rd Aug 2011 at 08:31 PM ----------

Isn't it obvious? She's projecting. She's not actually describing the female persona, but herself.

Granted, I have a mix of gender traits. More female ones than male ones if I'm to take those kindof tests seriously, but it's not like they're on/off—and I don't think any of them are exclusive.

#10 Veronica, Aug 23, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  11. addie88

i feel sorry for the 50 confused lesbians she "treated". can you imagine the kind of grueling pain they must have gone through in a therapy session, listening to how they're traumatized by an emotionally distant mother and overall just a damaged human being? and ACTUALLY BELIEVING IT???

it takes us so long to figure out who we are and to find our true selves. this woman is undoing all of that hard work and replacing it with guilt and self-suppression.

what.

a.

bitch.

12. Katelynn

If there was a cure for being gay, the people who administer it would prbably do what they do for people such as myself who want to transition to their true gender - clog up the process with so much red tape & making a person feel like they're not worthy to have this medical treatment that desperation once again sets in. As far as I'm concerned, if there ever is a cure, the homophobic masses can shove it.

13. SaphireMoon

about 2-3 hours north of the twin cities in MN
    umm wow, and I happen to agree with Liam id say it myself except he already has and probably much better then i would lol

14. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "You don't have to be gay."

This guy just drove himself right into F*ckville -____- Did this lemming graduate from the same school as Marcus Bachmann by any chance?