1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you/would you feel embarrassed if...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CrimsonThunder, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrimsonThunder

You went to the shops and bought wax or something to get rid of body hair?

I have bought a few things, wax strips and some cream, I feel weird when I'm looking at the stuff and people walk by (they don't take notice of it though) but when I walk up to the counter I don't care. I always go to someone I don't know though. =P

2. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    In a word yes.

I have a really hard time buying anything in public that relates to being gay. I really wish I didn't.
    A few weeks ago i wanted to buy a tv week coz it had a poster of matt corby. A tv guide should be innocent enough. No1 knew my actually motive for getting it. I still took ages walking around the store and in the end quickly grabbed some other things that i didnt even need just so that the magazine wasnt the only thing i was buying.
    It's stupid I know. Idk why i have such a hard buying that short stuff. I want to one day buy a gay mag like DNA. But that isnt happening anytime soon.

Ok I'll walk away in shame now

3. CrimsonThunder

Why buy a magazine when you've got the internet at your fingertips? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'd say when I was around 13 I was flicking through a DNA magazine when I was in a news agency, it was a big rush because I didn't want to get caught. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Micah

Somethings you just gotta get used to :wink:

If you can't buy wax-strips, how are you going to purchase condoms?

The key is to remember that people in the store see things like this alllll the time. And not everyone will assume that youre buying the waxing products for yourself! Particularly if you buy a well-known female brand.

5. Ty

Ty Guest

Urmmm I don't know.... perhaps if i saw someone i knew? I don't think i'd have too much problem with it though.

6. boyequal

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I did it a few weeks ago! Quite an experience!

I went over to pharmacy and looked at all the hair removing products. Now, I was looking for something for men. Veet for Men or Nair for Men. I couldn't find it on the shelves, so I sucked up the courage and asked an attendant for assistance. She immediately looked for the person who's in charge of that aisle and when she couldn't find him, went over to the Information desk to find out of they have. None of them have even HEARD of the stuff (Yes, they knew about Veet, but not Veet for Men). Great. Now they're discussing weird things. I just kept on smiling and said it probably isn't in the country yet (takes ages to get newish stuff into SA). So I went over and took some sporty brand of hair removal cream.

Well, the cream didn't work! Well, it did SOMETHING, but not as promised. It removed some hair and left other hair VERY brittle. So, there I shaved again. I hate shaving my chest! Always get a rash or something.

Anyway, the following week I went over to the same pharmacy and was looking over some sunscreens. Browsing; finding what I wanted. I thought I'd give waxing strips a try and went over to the hair removal again. Looked at Hot Wax and such, but decided on cold wax strips; local pharmacy brand, but it's usually good products.

I haven't tried them yet, waiting for hair to grow long enough again (UGH!!!). I'll give it a try and if that doesn't work properly, get some HOT WAX. :tears:

Oh, back to the question... Did I feel embarrassed? Nope. They don't know me. For all they know I could be a swimmer or something. It felt awkward though, as the aisle faces the shelves with Body Building supplements (saw some cuties there while browsing too :wink:) and other ladies trying to find their stuff around me (I didn't quite choose the quietest time to go). I even paid for at a male attendant. He just rang up and took my money.

So, just go in. Don't look afraid. Walk with a purpose and BUY with a purpose. :thumbsup: They'll be MORE than happy to take your money. Really!

7. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

No. It's hair removal cream, not a big deal, or at least to me it isn't.

8. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    Its got to do with self confidence and what have you. It's easy to get stuff off the net. It has some degree of anaminity. To buy a mag u need to be in public. Even if it's only the cashier that sees what im buying. It represents that I've have gotten somewhat comfortable with sharing my sexuality. The act itself may be meaningless but what it symbolizes is very meaningful

LOLZ that's a good way to put it but one difference is that condoms are used and bought by hetro guys as well. Yea i know that some str8 guys use wax but i mean there is a gay stereotype to wax.

I have alot of hair i want to get rid of but I need to make other improvement to my body b4 i start thinking about waxing. I couldnt pass as a swimmer. Since we are on the topic wats the diff between waxes and creams marketed for chicks and one marketed for guys? Since the same brands have feminine and masculine versions of their products I'd assume there some difference between them.

9. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really don't care. I once did something much worse... buying KY Jelly while holding hands with a guy in plain view of the clerk.

10. justjoshoh

Seriously, as Micah noted, having worked in a retail setting (that has a health and beauty section) for a dozen of years, I would not even pay too much attention if I saw that purchase. More often than not, it is the people that try to hide the fact that they are purchasing something that ends up getting my attention about the product they are buying, because they are acting so self-conscious.

11. TriBi

Nope. Been there done that - with no real qualms.

I suppose that, in part, it is where you are coming from. While I'm not doing much bike riding these days, for many years I was a fanatical triathlete - so my legs were devoid of any trace of hair for...OMG, I really don't know...probably about 14 years?

If I were still doing the Kilometres on the bike that I used to - well, I still would have "bald" legs. I actually prefer the "clean" feel of it - but really can't justify it anymore.

12. Astaroth

You think waxes and creams are bad? Try buying actual makeup! :roflmao: You can get away with it if you go with a girl or buy it around Halloween, but otherwise just standing in the blush and foundation aisles is a hoot. I bought a stick of eyeliner and a tube of mascara once just for kicks. Ironically, there were other ladies in the same aisle and none of them seemed to pay me any extra attention. Maybe they thought I was buying it for a girlfriend or something.

Speaking of weird purchases, a friend of mine worked at the local grocery store during her senior year at high school. Every other week, one of the teachers from our school would shop at her store and always purchase a squeeze-bottle of chocolate sauce, a cucumber, and a tub of peanuts. I still to this day have no clue what could make someone purchase those specific items every two weeks non-stop.

13. EthanS

EthanS Guest

1st time i bought a girls product i werent embarrssed bcoz i ditn even kno it was for women ¬__¬, coz i bought this clearisil face wash and when i got home i just realised there was a woman looking at me weird since i got it from the girl section -.-

14. xequar

Pffft, once you've had to buy adult diapers at a store, nothing phases you after that. Trust me on this one.

15. Bryan

If they sell it, they better damn well expect me to buy it!

16. greg

I dont get embarresed about buying anything now although i did feel for the young girl who over the store mic asked for a price check on a lesbian cucumber (lebinese cucumber).
    greg

17. EthanS

EthanS Guest

adult diapers?? :confused:

18. boy0boy

I've gradually gotten better at this sort of thing... now, condoms/ lube/ mags/ wax products.. none of that gets me too much, but I have a thing for "gay-ish" underwear... not talking thongs but just more "metro" type undies that usually gets a second glance. I've done it many times though so not bad, but still gets my heart pumping...

funny during summer I saw my chance to finally buy a pair of speedos, and I really wanted some finally to know what it's all about and so I got the courage. the cashier was about my age and scanned them and made a cute comment "what are you a stripper?"
    I just quickly responded "only on weekends" and tried to laugh it off.

19. urbansamurai

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    why would you want to get rid of body hair?

20. Urman

Urman Guest

I never brought condoms because i am to embarrassed so if i find my brothers box i will take 2 or 3 of them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.