1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this is pretty much for everyone

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by confused69, Apr 30, 2006.

1. confused69

ok i just have one question to ask well how do you guys control your feelings toward guys who you like? btw no one knows you like this guy :confused: :eusa_thin

2. Micah

I take their photo on my phone secretly without them seeing. I then email the photo to my computer, where I download it and save it to my hard drive.

From their I find a picture of a naked guy on the internet and open up photoshop. I take the picture of the boy I took on my phone, and paste his head onto the naked boy's body.........

Haha, sick sense of humour? I'm totally joking.

On a more serious note, I'm not sure if the guy in question is gay or straight. But there are a number of things you can do to control your feelings, although without knowing too much detail its a little more difficult to help. One is to find someone else to 'divert' your feelings onto. It's probably not the best method, and can result in mixed up feelings, but I know it's worked for friends of mine.

Another is to reduce the amount of time you spend with the person (assuming he isnt a really close friend of yours) until your feelings subside. This one has generally worked for me when I've had crushes on other guys.

That's all I can really suggest without knowing too much detail about the situation. But if you're having trouble with feelings yourself, goodluck with resolving them :slight_smile:

Dave

3. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

I control my feelings by:

- spending less time with him out of school (he's in my homeroom)
    - during class i try to not look at him (for fear i'd melt)
    - use religious safeguards (hard to understand, but certainely not xian)
    - music (break-up and post love songs help alot, such as L.O.V.E - Ashlee Simpson....dont mock me or ill hurt you)
    - talking about it to friends (i tell my girlfriends how i feel, they try and just listen and be there for me)
    -cry && cry(its best every now and then to get let it all out, give me five minutes to tear myself apart, then spend the rest of the day trying to regain control)

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

This not an answer to the question, but...

When I was in that position when I was 16 (it was actually a lad I saw at the railway station every week), I heard "Elton's Song" by Elton John (lyrics by Tom Robinson) which summed up my feelings perfectly.

Staring all alone
    And your grace and style
    Cut me to the bone
    With your razor blade smile
    I watched you playing pool
    It's all around the school that I love you

I love your gypsy hair
    And dark brown eyes
    Always unprepared
    For your pointed replies
    Cynical and lean
    I lie awake and dream about you

If you only knew
    What I'm going through
    Time and again I get ashamed
    To say your name
    It's hard to grin and bear
    When you're standing there
    My lips are dry
    I catch your eye and look away

Sitting in my room
    I've got it bad
    Crying for the moon
    They think I'm mad
    They say it isn't real
    But I know what I feel and I love you

But I would give my life
    For a single night beside you

5. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Truely one of the best songs ever written on this earth...Elton is truely a genuis and will certainely be a name to be carried thoughout history. And VERY accurately sums up my feelings as well now that i read it.

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Have you heard it? I'll see if I can put a low quality MP3 up somewhere tomorrow....

7. confused69

OMG that song is exactly how i feel wow you guys actually helped a lot thanx soooooo much(!)

8. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Paul, that would be totally awsome if you could get an mp3 up...if not ill continue my hunt for a cheap priced CD or to find it on a music downloader...haha

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Here it is Elton's Song. It's 48kbps mono, so good enough to listen to but not high enough to be seriously regarded as an illegal download. It's from his 1981(?) album called "The Fox", which is still available from Amazon.