1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate when...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pianoguy, Nov 27, 2007.

1. pianoguy

people say that there 's no way a person can know if they are gay at an early age (like teenager)
    it really bugs me ya know?
    its as if they are saying , kids can know when they are attracted to the opposite sex but my God you have to be 25 to know you arent.
    bah
    thats the kinda crap my dad pulls
    "Oh she can't possibly know that yet..."
    umm do you think we just like... don't have emotions until were older?
    geeeeze

2. step49x

Yeah, it stinks when people say that.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the whole "being gay is just a phase" mentality. You might like your own sex right now, but you'll get over it (another thing i hope no one has to put up with hearing). Of course, straightness isn't a "phase." It's normal.

Hmm.. I wonder what would happen if I tried to tell people that being straight was "just a phase"?...

3. Defender

Defender Guest

Yeah, that really bugs me. I experienced stuff like this when I was forced to come out at 14, it really made me angry and it felt like nobody believed me. I felt really stupid. Now that I'm older, I think people are starting to take it a little more seriously.

-Tez

4. CrimsonThunder

Its annoying, but it doesn't effect me because I didn't realize until I was older. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. sdc91

When I come out I'm specifically going to say it's not a phase because I've known for like 4 years now. My parents will still probably think it's a phase.

That would be annoying.

6. pirateninja

My Dad still clings to the possibility that it's not a phase but I think he's accepting it's not. My sister though, she is convinved that it can only be a "phase" because homosexuality isn't "normal". It does get annoying.

7. Psychedelic Bookmarks

oh yeah that pisses me off. like, one time i tried to tell my dad about a friend of mine who has come out as bisexual (actually, she's the one who i may have a slight thing going on with :icon_wink) and he was all like "how can she possibly know at that age?". and then only a few weeks later he told me that he "knows i'm definately not lesbian". and i thought "if u can "know" i'm straight now, why the hell would she not know she's gay now??". gah gah gah.

ironically, i now think that, before i allowed myself to accept i might be gay, my interest in boys could have been a phase, like a self-delusion. because now i don't know if i ever liked them as much as i like girls... maybe i had a teenage straight phase! :eusa_danc

8. tiptoerainbows

The phase thing is rather annoying, how could it be a phase if I have had 'gay thoughts' (for lack of better wording) through out my life. If it's just a phase then how come it has been there forever?

9. SpikySpice

Yeah I really hate it too, makes me think Im a "bad" person cuz Im choosing to be gay or soemthing

But nobody told me it's a phase, at 1st I thought it was a phase, Im still growing though, my older sister say you can try to manage to turn around 180 degrees, sometiems I fight for myself, soemtimes, I just stop and think if they are right, they just confused me more, but I am who I am anyways