1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to Teachers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jostle100, Sep 2, 2011.

1. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Have any of you came out to any of your teachers? How did they react?

2. Dragonfyre173

I'm entertaining the thought of telling one, but only becaaaause
    a. He thinks me and my best (female) friend are going out.
    b. He has a gay pride flag hanging in his room among the other flags. :grin:

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out to my year 11 English teacher, who's gay. He wasn't exactly out at the time, but most people strongly suspected and he'd given a fair few hints. He took it really well, and gave me a lot of advice and book recommendations.

4. SMLequalBGFs

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    i don't see why people come out to their teachers. it's not like a straight person walks up to a teacher and says "i find this kind of girl/guy attractive." they're supposed to have a professional relationship with you, and personal details like your sexuality are really none of their business.

5. jll2755

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've never told a teacher. I have a good realtionships with a few teachers and i wouldnt care if they knew. I guess you could tell a teacher if you wanted to ask them for help or support. However if its anything like my school they would have to tell the guidence department. And they may tell your parents. That's what would happen at my school.

6. Danny19

when i was high school i had an amazing relationship with my teachers. since i was in a small learning community i had the same teachers all 3 years. i loved them. they were awesome, and i know many of my classmates thought the same. We got a long so well that sometimes when my female teacher would say she was tired i would answer with "long night at the corner? any business?" she would just laugh and say "yea you took all my customers" lol. anyways my point is that if your comfortable enough with telling you teacher this i dont see why you shouldnt. if i wouldve accepted i was gay in high school i would definitely tell them. Sometimes i want to tell them im gay through facebook, but i feel awkward and i would rather tell them in person. lol

7. HantsBen

My teachers probably guessed... but they wouldnt and shouldnt care anyway, afterall they are taught to be diverse! If I did tell my teachers I have such a good relationship with them they'd probably crack out the odd joke now and then :slight_smile: