1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relegion

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by confused69, May 2, 2006.

1. confused69

:tantrum: ok i get it that people can be homophobic but i really dont understand why relegions have to go against it you the thing that bugs me is that how can love be diffrent if you like a guy instead of a girl and they say its a huge sin but if you can't help feeling a certain way about someone how are you supposed to stop you feelings for them:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

2. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

You can't and don't....i dont know how you feel about religion, but to me, its something that you CAN change....its not easy, but if you truely feel its dont helping at all...then get up and out. Or you can learn to adapt. Religions in general dont have a anti-LGBT stance. But certain religions do....such as Xianity and Catholicism etc. But many religions have a very LGBT friendly stance. In the end, its all up to you what you want to do...ive seen many people cope with being LGBT while in a anti-LGBT religion...ive seen many people switch religions to something more friendly and something that feels better to them....ive seen people go totally athiest. There are many option available to you.

3. McGillDude

I think you're looking at this from a skewed perspective. The right religion for a person is one which fulfills him/her spiritually through its doctrines. It is up to the congregation as to how strictly the much less important aspects of the said religion are enforced such as its views on homosexuality. There will always be hateful people out there. Personally, I don't agree with the institutions many religions have become - but its ideas are present and some are very beautiful. The hateful people out there are just scared of the decisions the homosexual community makes because the feelings must be so alien to them. In an evolutionary perspective, we are on this earth to procreate - a simple mind will see homosexuality as simply a degeneration of this goal. But, don't lose yourself in that ugly pool of ideas. Live your life the way you want to.

4. GuitarGirl1350

There are many sects of xtianity that dont condone homosexuality. I have fought this battle myself. I was raised untill two years ago as Catholic. I then joined Berean Fellowship and they were even worse about homosexuals. This problem has been solved through discovered the United Church of Christ. They accept and welcome homosexuals as well as the other minorty groups that many sects reject. Go to www.stillspeaking.org (i believe that's the website) to find a church near you. It makes you feel alot more comfortable and secure in xtianity when you're not being discriminated.

5. nisomer

Interestingly enough, there was an article yesterday from the washington post about religious liberals. I think the reason so many of us think that religion automatically = bad for gays is because the past 6 years have been pretty much dominated by the religious right. This article here discusses the return of the religious left. I won't post the whole thing because it is quite long, but here are a few paragraphs from the beginning:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12879318/

Follow link for more.