1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aliens!? what's happening to the earth?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dominoflare, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Dominoflare

Dominoflare Guest

UFO 2011 Sightings 2 - YouTube!

:eek: Thought i'd share this video. would really appreciate it if you watched the entire video and shared some thoughts; would like to know other people's opinions on this.

2. Veronica

A mix of conspiracy/paranoid bullshit well edited together with a bunch of relatively lame news clips. Most of the phenomena in the middle section are perfectly normal. The clever clip of Michio Kaku is completely misrepresents the Fukushima incident, and there is no statistical significant increase in earthquakes, not even in the US who have thousands of earthquakes every single year. Yes, the US had a peak in minor earthquakes last year, but you also have a very active west-coast with activity that varies a lot over time and small tremors are common in geologically active areas.

The only significant change it seems, is an increase in extreme weather—which is due to global warming and not aliens.

And the alien DNA bit? WTF was that? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Space is full of organic material. It's made in supernova ...
    There are for instance entire interstellar clouds made of alcohol out there!

3. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A great summary. :slight_smile:

4. maverick

I'm not willing to jump to conclusions, except for this one - I work in weapons research and development, and a lot of UFOs can easily be explained by the testing of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) such as Predator drones.

I've seen some really weird stuff though, and all of the disasters lately make me feel uneasy, so as far as the rest goes, I wouldn't write it off out of hand. But I'm a little bit of a conspiracy theorist.

5. Veronica

Well, UFO just means unidentified flying object, of which there are many. Aliens is the "jumping to conclusions".

6. maverick

Statistically, based on the size of our universe, I can't believe that there isn't extraterrestrial life of some sort out there.

Whether or not it would visit this backwater bumfuck planet is a completely different hypothetical. I can't imagine any aliens making contact with us except to make us livestock and take our natural resources, honestly. I'm sure our throught processes would be considered animalistic and savage to other intelligent species.

7. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Life is statistically likely, but life capable of traveling thousands or millions of light years in a single lifetime and stalking around the globe without any real detection is quite a stretch.

#7 Steve712, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  8. Veronica

Oh, I'm fairly confident there is. But the laws of physics more than likely will prevent any contact. Unless there are ways to break with these laws that we haven't figured out yet. However these laws seem to be very fundamental to how the universe works, so I'm pessimistic towards interstellar travel actually being possible.

Another thing that makes alien-stories improbable is the psychological nature of them. They have generally just replaced the succubus-/incubus- or ghost-stories from the past.

9. Fiddledeedee

The ca=hanges in weather are due to global warming and natural climate fluxations. There are not really any more natural disasters than "usual", it is just that they are now well-reported and you know about ones that don't affect you. Also, people have a poor understanding of probability; long runs of things are actually quite common. A lot of the video isn't about UFOs, either; many of the things are identified, grounded, events.

As for extraterrestrial life, I have no idea. I can't honestly say that I even care that much; it's not like there is anything we can do about it.