1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haunted by your awesome past...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by predator9089, Sep 4, 2011.

1. predator9089

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I'm just wondering if anyone else can relate to this. I had the awesomest childhood growing up, easygoing parents who took me on lots of adventures, living on the edge of a forest where i could do my own adventuring, middle class neighbourhood where everyone knew everyone at the base of a mountain and close to the ocean where we never had to lock our doors, family had a cottage up the coast, summer seemed to go on forever, had no worries, great friends, many dreams etc etc.

Fast forward to today and my life sucks. I'm doing okay generally, but I hate my life and my dreams have been shattered due to unfortunate circumstances that happened from age 14 and on. And I keep comparing it to when i was younger and everything was awesome - how could you not. Not just my life either, life in general seemed better in the 80s and 90s. Now life is defined by technology, back then people were more creative cuz they weren't being distracted by screens 24/7.

Anyways, not looking for advice, just wanted to know if anyone else has the same issue so we can commiserate :smilewave.

2. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Where did you grow up?

3. Aya McCabre

For a long time I had something similar. I was also suffering from depression (for six years) and doing nothing except school work. I had a slight lift in my depression in 2008/9 and I'm coming out of it again now..... and both times I started actually doing things. I have friends who I actually see on a regular basis. My cat is no longer my closest friend. I have hobbies and plans and things that I do that aren't work. And life is good. I still don't have the (perceived) freedom I used to have, I'm still stuck in the middle of someone else's fight, still waaaay in debt and I'm still expected to spend at least 12 hours a week on school work. But it's OK now. So yeah.... Making your life more awesome definitely helps.