1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google logo - September 5th

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SlickyPants, Sep 4, 2011.

1. SlickyPants

I just noticed Google changed their logo to celebrate Freddie Mercury's birthday. If you click on it you are treated to the catchy "Don't Stop Me Now" from Queen's Jazz album.

I personally think (and not just because he was gay) that he was one of the most talented performers that ever lived. It's one thing to sing well. But he did that and owned the stage at the same time. In any concert footage I've seen with him he is always dripping in sweat and probably exhausted and yet his vocals still send chills down my spine. Michael Jackson is probably the only other person that can sing and dance as well as Freddie.

Google

2. Gallatin

The US doesn't get it until Tuesday because of "a conflict with Labor Day" according to a report I read. :eusa_doh:

3. kem

kem

Freddie Mercury you are my idol! What a great idea from Google, and I loved the video as well. <3

4. Ridiculous

That was the best logo they've had yet!

There was a documentary on about him a while back, very sad to see how sick he got, although somehow he still managed to keep performing.

5. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Ours just has a tiny American flag beneath the search bar for Labor Day. Still waiting on that Freddie Mercury thang.