1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you Terrified of bugs?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Witchcraft, Sep 4, 2011.

?

How scared are you of bugs?

1. Not at all!

23 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. they're just kinda creepy

17 vote(s)
    23.9%
  3. Somewhat

12 vote(s)
    16.9%
  4. I'm scared of bugs

13 vote(s)
    18.3%
  5. I'm really terrified of bugs

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

I don't know it seems that I've always been terrified of bugs D;they may be interesting or pretty to look at but if one gets near me I'll nearly die of panic! even with butterflys :'( I think they're pretty but I'm scared of them :s is any one else deadly afraid of them?

2. Bolin

I'm unreasonably terrified of them. ALL of them. From bees to flies, from spiders to ants, from moths to butterflies (yes, even butterflies).

Bees and wasps take the cake, though. Those things actually send me into panic attacks.

3. Meropspusillus

I want to be an entomologist. Soooooo, no =P.

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bugs give me the creeps. Especially spiders and bees. *chills*

5. Mogget

Bees and wasps are the worst, for me. Spiders are okay provided they're not in my bed- or bathroom, flies are gross but not particularly scary except that they buzz which reminds me of bees and wasps.

6. Danny19

im not terrified by them. but i hate them because they are just annoying. LIke flies annoy the hell outta me. just like bees and wasps. spiders are like wtf are you in my house for. and uugh every othe bug is creepy and gross. but i dont panic when i see them

7. Psymark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I freak out when I see one. And then I remember that they are small, harmless creature.

8. Leif

There are only two bugs that bother me. Roaches because they are so dang many of them and moths. I have a rediculous fear of moths because back in the day when I had long hair one got caught in my mess of hair and I have forever been freaked out by them.

9. Mad Man L

None bother me, unless they fly right in my face. But things that fly and sting (like wasps) scare me a bit. But generally, if they're in the bathroom, I attack them with cleaning products and water until they die.

10. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I freak out when I see one. Although I think roaches have to be the worst for me. I am more terrified of roaches than almost anything else.

11. Markio

Spiders, mainly. Too many ants can be scary, as well as large moths and mosquito hawks. I am not afraid of crickets or ladybugs, though. Bees don't scare me, I just prefer to avoid them.

12. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like butterflies and ladybugs and earthworms and caterpillars (butterfly ones). But I think that's about it. I smash aphids with my fingers and when we have an outbreak of ants in my house don't flip out if they crawl on me. Bees scare me because they might sting me, but I like them because they pollinate plants. Spiders, centipedes, and anything else creepy crawly scare me, though.

13. maverick

Nope, I love bugs. The idea that there's an entire National Geographic's worth of life going on around us at the microcosmic level is awesome to me. But I think lots of stuff in nature that is naturally repulsive is cool. That's what happens when you grow up on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY4APDrl66s[/YOUTUBE]

I don't freak out when I see bugs, and when I find them inside I catch them alive and put them out.

14. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. In fact I have the biggest non-reaction to bugs that you will ever see. I was rehearsing a string quartet on a music course and a wasp landed on my hand. I sat there and continued talking about Beethoven. One of the girls was like, 'Oh my god, how do you do that?' and I was like, 'what?' because I didn't know what she was talking about. She was like, 'How do you sit there and ignore the wasp on your hand?' and I was like, 'It's..just a wasp?'

15. maverick

:lol: EXACTLY. People who are afraid of bugs make me laugh (no offense to folks in this thread who are, it's just funny...especially when you flail)

16. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The ironic thing is, I was the one that managed to land myself a really nasty wasp sting. On my armpit, no less. :lol: (It happened while I was playing my violin, lol)

IT SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED TO ME OF ALL PEOPLE!!

17. Fiddledeedee

I'm not scared of bugs as such, but I hate not being able to see one if I know there is one in the room. I can pick them up, and the tarantula I held once was so soft, but I hate it when a bug moves unpredictably. My reaction depends on who I'm with; at school I am fine with bugs as I find it funny when people are scared of them, but at home I always get someone else to deal with stuff. Wasp-wise, I won't run around in circles screaming like a headless chicken but I will make sure my mouth is shut and there is nothing sticky on me. It is, as heatqueen said, just a wasp.

18. kem

kem

Well, I am terrified of certain insects. Flies, small bees and butterflies don't annoy me, neither do ants, but I am scared of pretty much everything else. Actually, if I'm up too late in bed I get paranoid about having cockroaches under my bed.

19. FoxFire11

I’m uncomfortable around bugs except spiders…..I’m terrified of spiders

20. Enaithor

I'm not actually scared of them, but any flying ones I do try to kill anyway. And if it's a bee or a wasp, I run away from it, despite not being scared...not really sure why haha