1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A strange offer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Maddogling14, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Maddogling14

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is just something that happened recently. I've been chatting with a girl from a dating site for lesbians and bisexual women. The conversations were going very well and we almost settled a date until she revealed that she has a boyfriend and she wanted me to be her girlfriend while at the same time she continues to be with her boyfriend. :confused:

I know it's one of the bad reps that bisexuals have been getting, having a boyfriend and a girlfriend at the same time. I've never given it a serious thought until now. Personally I was quite disgusted by the offer, I'd never share a partner with someone else, and sharing a girlfriend with another guy kind of makes it worse.

What are you guys thoughts on this kind of relationship or have you been in a similar situation?

2. maverick

I refuse to share.

It's one of my few rules, but I know my own nature, and I am a jealous bastard when it comes to stuff like this. Flirt with whoever you want, dance with whoever you want, but the bed you better go home to is mine.

I would never date someone who was dating someone else simultaneously, unless it was an ongoing menage a trois in which all three participants were emotionally involved together on a very deep level.

3. Daisy1

I agree with Maverick. Plus, joining late, you're sort of the third wheel. Maybe she just wants to live out a little lesbian fantasy and then go back to her bf.

4. Maddogling14

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I kind of agree on the menage a trois, but I don't know, I think with three people together there's always gonna be a third wheel.

I'm just gonna stick with monogamy. :slight_smile:

@Daisy: True, since she told me that's she's never been with a woman before, so I figure I was just gonna be her plaything. And her boyfriend is totallyyy fine with this and excited to see his girlfriend get down on another woman, ugh!

#4 Maddogling14, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  5. Shmoe

Polygamy is only good if all agree. Would you be secret lady friend of the night? Then fuck it. If the boy friend knows, Give it a little more thought.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't have any issue befriending or going to bed once (maybe twice?) with somebody in a relationship, so long as their partner was aware and cool with it all. But an actual "relationship"? No.

Lex

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would not want to be in a relationship like that. It would just bother me that the other person did not know.

8. Leif

I very much agree what is said above. Never get into a relationship if it sounds shady or you're uncomfortable with it. Saying that, I myself am most definitely on the polyamorous side. I am currently in a relationship with two people and love them both incredibly. It's not for everyone though, that's for sure. So just do what makes you happy an feels right.