1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My discovery

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LowestVocal017, May 3, 2006.

1. LowestVocal017

Hi guys! Who here's interested in the science of humans and human sexuality? Well, too bad if ya ain't. I'm talking about it anywho. LOL!

This discussion on human sexuality is specific to a straight male's AVERAGE negative feelings towards our type. I say average because "homophobia" is not an individual choice-of-being. There's actually science that plays a major role in an average straight male's antipathy towards homosexual males. Though this may be stereptypical (some stereotypes are true and are backed up by sound science, but more on that another time), one research found that GENERALLY, the most "masculine" males are the most anti-gay. "Masculine" in this post is ascociated with roughness, impatience, muscles, strentgh, etc. (again, some stereotypes are backed by science). I found this research on straight guys' adversion towards gays to be true at my school. A few guys on the wrestling team knew I was gay (well, bisexual, anyways). I walked pass them, being in the gym and all, and they all acted really ugly with me. They rushed to move away with a dirty face on them as if I was some sort of disease! That's ONE example. And now for an example of the lesser "masculine" guys. I have a friend who doesn't seem to be, well, completely "masculine" (sorry guys, I can only make my point if I use the stereotype. Work with me). He has a girlfriend, but enjoys dance shows and flower gardens. He learned that I'm attracted to other guys, and lately, he's been so acceptimg of me, glad that I've told him. As a matter of fact, he seems to defend me a lot against "homophobes." Unlucky for me, the guys at my school are full of masculature, so I don't know where I would be if they ever found out.

If you all want to know more about what I'm talking about, purchase the book "Why Men Don't Iron" by Anne and Bill Moir. I bought my copy at my local Borders. :wink: