1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cars/Trucks

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by blikeo, Sep 11, 2011.

1. blikeo

what kind of cars/truck do you guys have?
    i have:
    1978 c10 Truck
    1968 VW Baja Bug
    and a broken down 1983 El Camino

2. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not much of a car person. I live within walking distance from everything worthwhile in my town (school, train station, library, downtown) and I haven't even gotten my permit yet. Once I do, I have a dilapidated 1986 Honda Civic waiting for me.

3. Dominoflare

Dominoflare Guest

Bicycles all the wayyy :wink:

4. predator9089

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    2007 toyota yaris hatchback in silver, not super impressed with it as i thought i would be and gas is still so expensive

5. Danny19

2006 honda pilot. i used to have a honda civic but my mom sold it and gave me the pilot instead... my next car is either the camaro or jeep wrangler.. i wish it was an audi TT. lol. or lamborgini. or bmw 6 series

6. goldentony111

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    bicycles all the way

7. U N Owen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Walking is good enough for me, while I'm at college.

8. maverick

I have a Hyundai hatchback. Because apparently I am a walking cliche. :lol:

9. Undecided John

I go by bus to college. And elsewhere. I like buses, actually. Not that I really have an option, since I don't drive, but I like them. Looking through the windows, to the landscape, thinking about stuff. It's a nice time to rest.

10. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I drive a custom 2003 red Mazda Protege 5. It looks almost exactly like this but with some enhancements that my Dad made, I guess. We found it in a scrapyard when I was getting my license, and my dad fixed it up good as new and then some. He restores vintage cars in his spare time and he's amazing at it. He built a 1948 Ford pick-up from scratch and it was featured in a car magazine a year or so ago. It's all white with blue and green flames down the front. :rolle:

[​IMG]

Anyway, my Protege is surprisingly fast. I call it my racecar. ^_^ Sometimes at lights and stop signs when I start to move again, just barely tapping the gas is enough to throw me back into my seat. It definitely takes some getting used to. After I graduate from the university I'm at right now I want to sell this car and get one of the newer Eclipses or a Lancer or something; or maybe a Mazda 6--red or black, of course.

11. predator9089

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ^^^ whoa that's pretty cool. And you got flames! I've always wanted that :slight_smile:. My last car was like that when you tapped the gas it would shoot forward and it took me a long time to get used to!!! Fun though :grin:

12. JudasKissedHIM

I drive a 2002 toyota tazz. Not very impressive, but im still a student. So I guess its fine for now

13. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I drive a silver 2006 Hyundai Sonata. Still seems brand new even though I got it about 5 years ago now! :slight_smile:

14. Veronica

After I moved to a city I no longer had a need for a car. So I'm pretty happy with not having one. For various reasons I always found driving stressful, and never much enjoyed it anyway. :slight_smile:

... but I've had several. Mostly Audis.

15. Flyers2011

I inherited my mother's 2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. We've had the car since about 2001, it was purchased as a used car (it had been a lease car for about a year). It just cracked 100,000 miles. It's only a V6 but it still kicks ass, the ride is nice and smooth. Even though it's a relatively large car, it gets great gas mileage, and we've only had to do three major repairs: ball bearings, stall rod, and the coolant destroyed a filter (but the repair shop put a new filter in there that won't get destroyed). I love this car and even though I'd like to move up to something newer when I'm older, I will keep Monte around. I'll keep that car until it either dies or I do. As you can tell I'm obsessd.

This is a picture of what mine looks like, color and everything. But it's not my actual car.
    [​IMG]

16. Noahroxursox

I can't drive yet, but when I'm able to, I have a 1996 Toyota Camry waiting for me (it's older than I am). It has had a major repair, which would be my parents having to replace the engine (it's a long story).

Here's the story: In the winter of 2007, it had snowed quite a bit where I live, and we hadn't shovelled the snow fast enough, so there was a sizeable chunk of ice stuck to the end of our driveway. My mom was leaving to go to a chiropractor appointment, and the car got stuck on the chunk of ice. When the car got stuck, it just so happened that she had trapped the garbage truck in the bottom of our court (we are the first house at the top). She kept trying to get the car off of the ice, but she couldn't. My mom pushed the pedal all of the way down, while the garbage men were pushing the car from behind. All of a sudden, there was a loud crack, and coolant started to pool under the car. Eventually, the garbage men were able to get the car off of the ice and back onto our driveway. We later found out through our mechanic that my mom had cracked the engine block and revved the engine enough for it to be a race car XD. So, we replaced the engine, and still have the car today.

17. EM68

I have a 2007 Honda Accord. Going to keep it for awhile.

18. Olive

1971 Volkswagen Transporter :grin: Pastel white/Chianti Rott Deluxe with an Eberspacher gas heater, I rescued it from a field in Nebraska.

Fit Flow frame with DK Chopstix crank, sealed Mid bottombracket, Eastern atom stem, Sun big city rear wheel, 25-9 gearing with a Profile chainwheel, some DK front wheel, Poverty Gold Finger brake lever, Tektro Straightcable setup, Wellgo pedals, Macneil Pivotal seat, 2Hip somethingortheother forks....

Weighs about 25lbs:slight_smile:

19. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1995 ford contour. It's red and I have it completely decorated with tigers. I also have a custom sound system in it. (Not one of those crazy loud bass ones though, but one that actually has a balanced sound)

20. Leif

I sadly cannot drive due to my horrible vision and crap depth perception, bit back at my parents house I have a '66 VW bug. Old cars are my favorites, especially rat rods.