1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freckles?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nerdvain, Sep 13, 2011.

1. nerdvain

Freckles.
    I, as someone with more than enough of the specks to go around, am curious as to the perception of you all regarding them.
    What's your overall opinion on them? Are they attractive? Unattractive? Flat out ugly? Does it not matter?
    I share the same sentiment as many of the bespeckled- I have an unequivocal hatred of them, and I see them as a plague from which I am doomed to suffer until my eventual perishing.
    However, I know many people insist on their contribution to my individuality. I had a friend last week tell me that they "make me unique in a way no clothing style could." I know some people think they're just the cutest thing in the world. And I know there are plenty of people who think they're disgusting remnants of sun damage. Some people think they're too boyish and not manly enough.

What do you all think? Are freckles a plus or minus? Some/none?

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find freckles adorable.

3. Giorria

Giorria Guest

Personally I don't have any comments really when it comes to freckles, I'm sure your friends just want you to be happy with yourself too. I don't care if someone has 1 freckle or 10 billion freckles, it doesn't detract anything from their personality unless they let it. Just be yourself and try to ignore the fact you have them, they don't make you who you are.

This is coming from someone who had his first grey hair at 12, at first I was bothered (think it was because of my age and stereotype of old people being grey) but learned that someone in my family had a full head of it at the age of 5 and instantly got over it. People have tried to bash me for it and I laugh at their ignorance.

4. maverick

I love freckles. People with freckles remind me of cheetahs for some reason. :grin: Both my brother and mother have freckles like this, and it suits them. I didn't inherit them though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Personally, I love them and I wish I had some. I think they're really cute.

6. wellhidden

wellhidden Guest

Freckles are a plus, they add to your uniqueness. I on the otherhand have a condition known as hyperpigmentation and they get worst when a scar forms from whatever reason.

7. Chandra

Have 'em, like 'em. Though I do sometimes wish they'd meld all together into an actual tan to hide my pasty paleness.

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love freckles, but for some reason I only have them on one arm and a few on my face... but I still love them.

9. Mad Man L

Don't really mind either way, it depends on how they compliment the peroson.

10. Yuki Shihoin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think they're totally cute! On guys and girls :icon_bigg

11. Just Passing

I used to have freckles, but they seem to have faded now for some reason whilst still being somewhat noticeable.

I'm not a big fan of them personally. A few look nice, but too much just looks ridiculous.

12. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a befreakled gal and like most, as you've said, I do hate them on me! I don't notice them on a day-to-day basis, from seeing them so oft in the mirror, but my boyfriend's forever telling me I look utterly adorable with them and always kissing them *sigh*

I think though they're very nice, they're beautiful and looking at the pictures posted above, damn, we look sexy as don't we?! I can see the appeal, but eugh! I already wear glasses and have a screen-tan most of the year, I don't need to look any more geeky!

I have a love-hate relationship with them.

13. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have freckles on me but I find them cute. Maybe it depends on the person that has them as well, but there's nothing wrong with freckles. :slight_smile:

14. Haberdasher

I had 'em and I hated 'em. Thought they looked like a skin disease. I like them better on other people though... sort of weird disconnect between "my freckles" and "freckles on that guy".

15. Helen

Helen Guest

I have one freckle on my left cheekbone; I'd be incredibly upset if it were to disappear. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

As for freckles on other people, I'm quite neutral really. I guess a smattering of them across a nose or something is quite cute. :slight_smile: But most of the time I don't really notice.

16. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I find them cute!

You know whats even more attractive than freckles, though? Someone that isn't embarrassed by them and makes them work. Same applies to whatever other "weird" thing your body may have.

I think they totally work for you btw :slight_smile:

17. DefineNormal

DefineNormal Guest

My best friend has loads of freckles and she is soooooo adorable- it could be because she's short too though...

Personally I love freckles and the definietly don't make guys less 'manly' C:

18. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like freckles.

19. Shmoe

I don't like 'em, Too bad I have them. They could be worse though.

20. Zontar

Freckles are kinda hot on redhead girls.