1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite School Subjects

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gerry, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I looked around and couldn't find a thread about this but if there is one, please feel free to post a link in here.

Anyways, I'm wondering what everyone's favorite school subject is. Either favorite or most interesting. I thought it would be a good topic since a lot of members here are in school in some way or another. :slight_smile:

For me, definitely foreign languages. :slight_smile: I have been studying foreign languages extensively over the past several years and truly enjoy them.

2. Mad Man L

Maths. I <3 Maths. My brain is wired overly logically, to some extent that I just don't get how you can't understand Maths. It just makes so much sense, unlike humanities subjects where it's like "Ummmmm, errrrr, you're doing everything right, but you're doing everything wrong."

3. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I'm one of those people that you would question how I cannot understand maths. It's always been my worst subject in school. But I passed college maths classes so I am happy! :lol:

4. Mad Man L

Maths B and Music (yeah, Music is one of my 'exception to the rule' abnormalities which I seem to have everywhere. But it's logical, in a way) are my 'safe' A subjects. When I get anything below a B+ in either of these, it's a sign the sky is falling in.

German (foreign language) is my worst subject, my average is C+. D:

5. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    English turned out to be my best subject at the end of it all, I was in the top 2% in the state. At various points through high school, my favourite subjects were English, maths, German, and Health and Human Development.

6. Just Passing

When I was in school, I used to love English (the only GCSE I did at a higher level) and ICT. Those two subjects were pretty enjoyable. So was Music (when the teachers could actually teach it anyway) and Graphics (at times). Even R.E. was fun when it got less about religion and more about philosophy. Maths I had some trouble with, but I liked it in the end.

The only subject I couldn't really stand was P.E. as I'm not a great sports person and it's such a horrible thing to be involved in with the dickheads who got extremely competitive over it.

7. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow Maddy, you seem well-rounded in all the subjects. :slight_smile: English is great yeah, I although I prefer the literature parts more than the composition.

---------- Post added 19th Sep 2011 at 03:43 AM ----------

What's RE? As someone who went through schooling in the US, I'm unfamiliar with what it stands for.

8. Just Passing

R.E. stands for Religious Education. I would've thought something similar would've been taught in US schools, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

9. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unless someone attends a private religious school to my knowledge there are no religious studies taught in the public school setting. Parts of religion are incorporated in world history classes. I have taken a class in Religious Studies but that was in university, not actual high school. Although each school curriculum is different, so for all I know religion could be taught in other areas of the US.

10. Porphyrogenitus

I always very much liked History. Also Latin.

But at any given time, my favourite would depend mostly on the teacher and the class and maybe the current topic. Like, although I'm not bad at science, I don't particularly enjoy it. But for Yr 11 & 12 Physics we had a great teacher and some awesome people in the class and a relaxed, comfortable atmosphere, and it was good.

11. Just Passing

I completely forgot about Science being one of my least favourite subjects. I like certain aspects of Biology and even Physics, but Chemistry got really bad in the end.

Now that's interesting to know, thanks for the explanation.

Oh God, I completely forgot about History. Wish I took it for the GCSEs, now I think about it.

12. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree. A lot of it also depends on the teacher which is unfortunate in some cases. And Latin. That's great! I didn't think too many people studied it. I know a lot of people think it's so pointless and hard but that's great you find it interesting. :slight_smile:

13. Kidd

Kidd Guest

My favorite and best subjects are English, history, geography, and sociology. In high school my favorite class was Behavioral Science, because it was a fun class, interesting, and my teacher was a super hot football and track coach and I was one of his favorite students. ^_^

I loved anatomy in high school too, just because our teacher was so passionate about it. We dissected cats during the last semester and it was a life changing experience, I've done way worse since then but still, I'll never forget it.

14. TheLilyTribe

Arts! I've always been good at artsy stuff.. But if that doesn't count I'll say foreign language. I've taken a French class every year since I started high school, and I've also picked up quite a bit of Swedish, some Welsh, a dash of Gaelic, and I can speak Spanish pretty fluently now too. I've also been working on Thai so I can talk to the foreign exchange student but I've not made too much progress so far. xD

15. Mad Man L

Same here, the only good thing is it's an instant marks booster because Political Correctness has ensured that you can't mark someone down too much for their fitness (or rather, lack thereof).

I don't like R.E. either. I havn't done it thanks to me getting spares instead, although apparently the teachers are crap and I'm an Atheist to start with. If I do it next year and get the conservative old teacher, I'm going to troll her. :lol:

16. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Foreign Language and English. :grin:

17. Watz08

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My favorite would be biology, since I'm getting my degree in it I hope I'd like it. :lol: I've always liked learning about different plants and animals (I own a few nature documentaries) and really like seeing how they interact with each other. So far I'm also enjoying the genetics class I'm taking so all in all I find the subject pretty cool.

Chemistry on the other hand... well, I'd be ok if I didn't have to pick up one of those books again.

18. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Which foreign language(s), if you don't mind me asking?

19. mischa91

Sorry to say but biology has a lot of chemistry in it :frowning2: I also really enjoyed genetics and animal behaviour was by far the easiest class i took at uni.

My favourite subject while i was in school was science, mostly biology but i liked the practical side of chemistry. I did my degree in biology and am now doing a masters in a biology subject.

I also really liked English literature, i like writing essays.

My least favorite is maths, i suspect i have dyscalculia as my brain tends to shut off when i look at maths problems.

20. Jazzmyn

My favourite is Ancient History. I love Egypt the best, but I also enjoy reading about the ancient Celts, Greeks and Sumerians =]