1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the gym

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by needshelp, Sep 21, 2011.

1. needshelp

ever get uncomfortable going to the gym? i remember back when i used to go to the gym at the school where i graduated from, i would catch myself looking at the gyms and kinda getting turned on. i tried to fight the feelings or whatever. don't make me get started on the locker rooms. i hated it. i didn't want anybody to see me naked and i felt uncomfortable being around other guys in the locker room that were changing as well because i feared that i would start getting turned on by what i saw or act a certain way around them. i try to keep my eyes away from everybody else in the locker room because i'm afraid that i might get aroused at who i might see. i managed to control it myself really well despite there being moments where a guy would come around doing whatever and i just looked on instinct.

recently, since i brought this up, maybe because i wanked one out to some guys before i went to the gym, i feel weird. really, really weird. weird almost like i'm not going to look at these guys because i'm going to get a hard on. ever.

2. Mad Man L

I don't go to the gym, or do any physical exercise for that matter.

Problem solved. :lol: But I remember when I saw the guy I liked (at that point) changing at my school. I just subtly watched, and then turned around when things 'happened' 'downstairs'. :icon_redf

3. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember freshman year gym class. Nothing is more awkward than trying to explain why you have a boner in front of several of your naked friends. I'm rather surprised that I didn't realize I was gay sooner to be honest.

4. needshelp

reminds me of my freshman year of high school. oh boy. i remember eyeing up some of the guys in the locker room and being aroused. i was confused with myself because i was also feeling some girls and in denial that that i may have an attraction going for guys so hey. i didn't want to believe it even though i was well aware of it. shame will make anybody do strange things that are pointless.

#4 needshelp, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  5. coming out

coming out Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I enjoyed taking showers checking out other guys.i very much enjoyed being naked. Sometimes I had close calls getting excited. I've been shy at the gym where I workout. Because I shave my legs , chest , arms, and pubic hair.but I'm finally passed that now. It's exciting to be checked out by the other guys

6. mpac21

Yeah I don't go to the gym. I keep myself in shape other ways. I walk pretty much anywhere...whenever I'm out of range I tend to bike. In addition to that I have my daily ritual of situps and pushups before bed :astonished: I'm sorta self-conscious to exercise in front of people sometimes I guess lol..

7. leer

I use the gym a few times a week and always find myself having quick looks it was the same at school after PE or football. If am honest it was the main factor that told me I was Gay

8. The username

I had a "crush" in PE in high school lol. I shot quick glimpses, and I'm pretty sure I caught the teacher checking him out when we were in the weight room and his shirt was off (to which after she shook her head) - Lulz.

Anyway, I don't do locker rooms for the time being; I just change and shower when I get back home. I try not to look at people when at a gym because I don't like it when people look at me. So, I never really had that problem, but that's not to say I don't notice some guys there are completely attractive.

#8 The username, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  9. diego7142

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's a struggle for me. There are a lot of beautiful men at my gym and I want to stare so badly, but of course, I wouldn't dare. So, I do BS things like take my time SLOWLY washing my hands (look at them behind me in the mirror), blow my nose, walk back to my locker pretending I forgot something in my locker...the whole thing is pathetic and kind of funny now that I'm confessing it :slight_smile:

10. yidnah87

I've never really felt uncomfortable in the locker room despite having an attraction to men. Through much of high school, I had not yet realized my bisexuality. In college and in the years after, I was generally comfortable for a few reasons. There were many older guys in the locker room which I had no attraction to. A lot of the younger, more attractive guys tended to "cover up" and would rarely see them fully nude. Finally, the showers were individual stalls, so no views of other guys. I'm sure it would have been far more difficult if the above reasons weren't true. I was generally just like any other guy there, changing and showering after a workout and going about my business.

I no longer experience a locker room setting due to my current apartment complex having a fitness center.

11. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I liked these posts above and can see what people have gone through. First, I think that schools and dorms should be set up so that shower stalls are private. It's harder as a boy or a teen to control one's obvious enthusiasm, and explaining that would not be fun.

Also, at a regular gym one might belong to, a person has to be careful in checking out other members. Sometimes, a stare which is a nanosecond longer can make someone uncomfortable. I had this happen in college twice and at the gym once, and I'm talking nanosecond at the gym. I was given a look that it was not appreciated.

One time in college, I was in a staircase that had no one in it at the time when a guy going the other way looked a little too long. He was attractive and I was flattered I guess, but didn't know what to do, despite the impersonal size of the school.

12. Ticklish Fish

necro alert lol

I swear, it's the "similar threads" thing in the bottom of some threads maybe

13. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think you can necro-alert if there's been more posts in a thread's second life.

14. robclem21

It would be bad if I got awkward in a gym considering I work in one as a fitness instructor... lol

15. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    Yeah I don't do gyms. I dont MIND working out and things like that, however I'm at that point in my life where because I was gay, I only made friends with girls, and met most of my male friends by association xD i can count the men i consider friends. Because of this, most if not all other guys make me feel uncomfortable. In my locker room, I would check people out, but most people were too busy horsing around to notice, so I was pretty under the radar :3 Except, my ex-crush (lol pathetic ikr) told me that he always watched my eyes to "make sure I was gay" >.>

So... just being around other guys makes me uncomfortable and awkward as hell. Gyms are even worse for me!

Things like being touched (even barely lol, a lot of guys put there arms on my shoulders because im so short -.-) make me over-react too much... I freak out and shriek like a frightened little girl and people are like "I just touched you" and only my friends know me well enough to understand xD

16. Amerigo

i've only seen one man naked in my entire life. never seen a woman naked. pity me.