1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

creative christmas ideas for my boyfriend?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pianoguy, Dec 1, 2007.

1. pianoguy

I just got my first boyfriend ... and my parents still don't know I"m gay! and they are the kind of parents who like monitor my spending so they will know if i buy an expensive gift for my guy.. sooo basically I'm at a loss
    I don't want to not buy him anything but I don't know what to get him for little money!
    any ideas?

2. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What about, um, something special? *hint hint*

You just need a place and some candles.

3. dictionary

are you good at anything inparticular drawring... painting... singing?
    do some lame thing you always see on tv.....
    Ive decided to make macaronie christmass tree ornimants for my loved ones stylish and edable :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. sdc91

Maybe you could write a song for him. You listed writing music as one of your hobbies in your profile. If you want, you could get like $20 gift card to go along with it or something.

It'd be a nice gift and it's not that expensive.

5. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Why dont u jus keep the expensive gift at sum1 elses house??, or jus hide it

6. Kovax14

Kovax14 Guest

For my 6 month anniversary with my boyfriend I made him a build-a-bear and put my voice inside saying "I love you!", so you could do something cutesy like that maybe. and congrats on getting your first boyfriend!

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I like the writing him a song idea! You could even sing it to him! I'd rather have that than an expensive gift anyday!

8. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    yep... you know him better than anyone. Get him something that'll remind him of you.

And the build-a-bear is the sweetest think I've every heard.

9. Étoile

But but but, Build-A-Bears can be quite expensive, especially with all the clothing and accessories that you can buy. I once tried to buy one for my niece and it racked up to almost $30! :eek:

Maybe you can make him a card or sing to him like other people suggested. People really like things that were created by hand and with love than some card that's been made in a factory in billions of quantities.

10. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,

If they monitor your spending, do you have enough of a chance to make a bunch of fake small purchases and just take that money and save it up until you have enough to buy the kind of present you were thinking of?

Like if you "spent" $10 on food here and there, that could add up to a lot really quickly. That's odd that they track your spending so closely that they'd notice the purchase of a gift. I'm trying to remember if that would have been the case when I was living at home but honestly I don't think it would have been... I mean they might have noticed if I'd bought MYSELF something expensive but if I'd bought someone else something "big" I don't think they were paying that much attention.

All that being said, doing something "homemade" like a card or a song or something you've created usually blows away anything you can buy so if have a knack for something like that, I'd definitely go with what many others have said and go for that!

11. sdc91

Do you have a debit/credit card and they monitor your activity? Cash is kind of hard to trace, you could use that . . .

12. Kimi

Yeah, and pour that hot wax to his body...WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:eek: :eek:

Make a card for him. It's really sweet to get a hand made card. Not from-store-card.
    If you are good at making poems, then make one for him.

Or you can get a not so expensive accessory for him and you. From...I don't AE or A&F or Hollister or whatever. Having a same bracelet or necklace is so cool. At least, I do think so:grin:

13. CelebrityHead

Well if spending a lot of money on your boyfriend (congrats, btw) is an issue, then maybe you could get him a present that just requires more effort and a little TLC to make/get. I personally like the song idea mentioned above.

He might even appreciate something that you've poured yourself into, rather than something you've poured your savings into! I know I would.

14. CrimsonThunder

How about you surprise him by not buying him anything!

Seriously, you don't need to buy something for him at all, lots of ideas have been posted. :slight_smile: If your like me though, you'd want to spend big on your bf...

15. Astaroth

Although it runs close to $50 last time I checked, the International Star Registry can name a star and send a map of it with official documents to your sweetie. What could be better than having a star named for you? Their website is: http://www.starregistry.com/

16. Kovax14

Kovax14 Guest

yeah thats true, i think after all my build a bear amounted to roughly 60$ because i bought him a pair of glasses, a wizard outfit and golf outfit lol, and it was like an extra 8$ to put my voice inside. if you go with basic though it isnt too expensive

17. Kovax14

Kovax14 Guest

i always wanted to do that! maybe ill do that for christmas then

18. pianoguy

daang
    thanks guys
    I like the song idea
    I never even thought of that
    not quite the worlds best singer... bleh
    but still it's a good idea
    thanks everyone
    :slight_smile:

19. CelebrityHead

You're welcome
    :slight_smile:

20. Jim1454

What about tickets to a local theater performance or something like that... They aren't usually too expensive, and it guarantees you a night out with him!