1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

homosexuality as "easy option"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Psychedelic Bookmarks, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Psychedelic Bookmarks

i'm not saying i agree with this, but it's something i have been thinking about. some people say that homosexuals have just never learnt to properly deal with the opposite sex; they've never grown up, if you like. they can't cope with a relationship with a member of the opposite sex. so they have a gay relationship which is easier because you already have the same gender. it's an "easy option". they say it parallels incest - people go with members of their family, preventing them from mature relationships with people they meet - "risks". in the same way, homosexuals have relationships with members of their gender, rather than risking the difficulties associated with the opposite sex.

what do any of you think about that? any logical rebuttals?

2. CrimsonThunder

People that say that are stupid lol.

Its not hard to knock up a woman.

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well I think alot of these guys are on here do have alot of female friends so that isn't really logical. My son did too! I think the people that say that have been listening too much to the right wing fundamentalists who drag up any excuse they can think of as the explanation for homosexuality.

4. Steam Giant

Well personally speaking, I'd say that my desire for homosexual relationships stems from a lack of desire for heterosexual relationships. I certainly wouldn't say I want to pursue guys because I can't or don't want to risk or figure out how to pursue a girl, rather I simply don't want to pursue them.

I tend to think there's a team of individuals locked in a dark study whose sole purpose is to come up with as many reasons as they can for homosexuality to be unnatural or wrong. Of course there isn't, but that's how it seems sometimes, certainly.

5. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The original argument completely disregards physical attraction and seems to say people can control it.

6. Hahahaha that's cute. Easy option ahh that was a good one. Like has already been said it doesn't make sense because like has already been said, I have a lot A LOT of female friends and I actually get along better with girls than I do with boys. So I don't know who's been saying that but it's not a bright conclusion =\

7. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    touche... yeah I've got to agree with what's already been said. Number one I tend to get on better with girls than boys. And well easy option... I'd much rather take the time to 'learn how to love the opposite sex' than have to worry about coming our and persecution. Hmmm whoever said that mustn't be too bright.

8. Level N Human

What makles people think being queer in a heterosexual society easy? Easy option my ass. The queer population is much smaller than the hetero population, so then how would that make finding a significant other easier? Also, why the fuck risk ostracization by peers and sometimes even family by choosing the "easy" way out? The idea makes no sense to me.

9. CrimsonThunder

I was thinking the exact same as Level N. Its HARD to find another gay person that you like. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Jonathan

On this topic, I agree with Level N.

11. Kimi

I agree with Level N.

And I get along with girls better than boys. Seriously, I had lots of girl friends and bit of boy friends(lately though, I'm surrounded by boys mostly so I have lots of boy friends). When I was in kindergarten, I had pretty much only girl friends.

Whoever said that, I'm so amazed that people can come up with something like that:rolleyes:

12. Zec24

Easy??? Really?? I'm speechless. I think Level N Human said it best.

This is kinda like the time my parents asked me if I was saying I was gay as a way of rebelling. What? I said, "um no. I could definitely find better ways of rebelling like getting a tattoo, smoking pot, getting arrested." Come on, I'm not 16 anymore. I think I've passed any rebellion stage I would have been in, plus I'm not really the rebelling type, I just do what I want and try not to make a big deal about things. I'm too laid back to rebel, well unless someone gets me going.

13. Ty

Ty Guest

Yeah, agreed with zec and level n human

14. pirateninja

The reason I don't pursue relationships with boys is because I don't want to have a relationship with a boy, not because I'm afraid of them. It would be a lot easier to find a straight male than a lesbian woman anyway, so I don't see how it's easier than being straight.

15. bugzzie13th

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think its harder to be a lesbian. Theres so much ahte because its not "the norm."

16. urbansamurai

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Being gay is certainly not the easy option. And I can't agree that it stems from people not being "grow up" enough to develop real relationships with opposite sex people. First, I have female friends. I honestly think that I treat them with more respect and courtesy than any straight guy I have ever seen. From my perspective, the relationships I have with them are more "grown up" than a lot of the straight relationships I have been exposed to. Second I spent two years of my life in a relationship with a woman, we had plans to move in, marry, have kids, etc.... I didn't call that off because I wasn't grown up enough to handle it. I called it off because I had always felt like there was something missing; an emotional connection that I don't get with women.

And as another user pointed out already: being gay in a straight world is certainly anything but easy. I find it hard to believe that the hatred, bigotry and injustice that we face on a daily basis could ever be considered taking the easy route. So many gay people end up depressed or suicidal because it is not the easy option. It would be a cold day in hell before I see a straight kid grow up hating himself for who he identifies as sexually.

17. waitingsucks

Yea its stupid as a wise man one said "do you think so little of the gay community that if they had a choice they'd choose to live their lives dodging prejudice and discrimination"

18. i agree with L 9 and on that fact its bull shit lol who ever thinks that is dead wrong and should try being gay some time lol easy haha

19. i pout L9 in my first one my bad hahahaha :roflmao: ....sorry

20. Level N Human

^^ N is just whatever number anyways.

Oh and I have to say that also the theory doesn't explain homsexuals who marry straight and then come out or homosexuals who are trying to find easy ways to let down straight people. (If they were really hetero wouldn't the just accept?)