1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rargh

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ty, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

My mum and dad are letting my brother (10) bring his friend to a family meal for my mum + nan's birthday =/ it proberly seems stupid but it really pisses me off - and my brother is always allowed to have his friends sleep round and the last time one of my friends slept round was proberly last year -.-

rarh

its so annoying:bang:

=[

/going out at 7:30/

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Why not have a quiet chat to your mum (or dad if he's more approachable) about it, when your bro isn't around? Not moaning, not argumentative, just asking why he is allowed to have friends staying over regularly and you aren't.

Maybe there's a reason you're not aware of? Maybe they haven't realised how one-sided this is. Maybe you get some perks that he doesn't so overall it balances out? Unless you ask you won't know!

One thought though - were you allowed friends over more when you were his age? If so then maybe it's because of the schoolwork and studying you need to do now, and they don't want you to be distracted from that. If this is their reason then at least see if they can be more flexible at weekends and school holidays, as a compromise.

Another thought - when you have had friends over have you or them given your parents cause to complain? If there is sometimes problems when you have people over but not when your bro does, then maybe that's the reason? If that's the problem then it would be down to you to get one more chance to prove yourself, which would mean careful choice of friend!

Hopefully you can get some leeway without getting into an argument! :slight_smile:

3. Tom

Tom Guest

well ask if one of your friends can stop over one night (as paul said one tht wont do anythin tht ur parents wouldnt like) make it a night where u dont have school the next day and havin ur friend sleep over could be good for w/e reason, if they say no then just ask why ur bro is allowed and ur not as it does seem unfair, and dont worry about ur bro bein in the vicinity or not, he will hear about it anyway and this way he might think its unfair aswell but then he could go and do the whole 'haha mum and dad love me more so they let me have friends over haha!' wich can get annoying but its ur choice, i dnt know ur bro so i cant say what u shud do.