1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just wanna say THANKS

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tired_of_lying411, May 8, 2006.

1. tired_of_lying411

I just wanna say thanks to everyone here and especially the people that created this place.

They say that when you're gay and in the closet that you aren't alone. Wrong - you are as alone as you'll ever be. Until you come out, you're lying, and therfore you are completely alienated from the rest of the world. The person that you are portraying is not the real you so the real you, if never let out, is completely alone.

Just knowing that there are, in fact, other gay people out there really doesnt change much. Cancer patients don't feel better knowing that there are other people just as miserable as they are... you see my point??

Anyway, the simple truth is that this place makes the statement "you are not alone" actually true! :biggrin: We are totally free to be out here and we don't even have to work at it. It's online, making it as anonymos as you want which helps too.

This place is just an incredible breakthrough for us. We can get help, help others, tell everyone about our latest coming outs and even just chat or debate about current issues, freely and as gay as we want to be :biggrin:

So thanks emptyclosets. I couldn't have done it without you

and thanks to everyone who has ever talked to me on here too, each post makes it that much easier.(&&&)

2. nisomer

Truly wonderful :eusa_clap

I agree, thank you emptyclosets. This site has helped me tremendously, especially in my early stages, helping me realize that I was indeed gay, helping me grow out of hiding in the closet, and most importantly helping me become a better person in life.

Thanks you.

3. GuitarGirl1350

I agree.

I know from hiding from everyone- even those on the internet- for a few years just how hard it is. This site gave me- and im sure everyone else here- a sense of security, safety, and eased the lonliness. When I came here I thought..."I'm really not alone. The people here, they're like me." I have learned to feel so alone and I've made some new friends. This place rocks!

:smilewave

we love you EC creators!

4. tired_of_lying411

wow, I'm glad for all the quick response. It just goes to show how true it is, we're all of the same mind and I guess thats why it's so great.

5. LorenzG1950

I heartily agree and want to add my thanks,

Knowing that there are other people wrestling with the same issues all over the world is a huge comfort. Reading and writing about our mutual experiences goes a long way to help understand which path our own lives should take. Frankly, until a couple of months ago, I had virtually no contact to any gay people. It's like wow, I'm meeting all kinds of new folks, both in person and here, and thoroughly enjoying it :biggrin:

Thanks to EC, I'm on a steady gain in self assurance on a subject I would never have dared to discuss until recently. It's like a whole new world that has opened up for me. And it's beautiful. That's about the biggest compliment I can make.

Lorenz:smilewave

6. lost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I also agree, it has really made a difference to the way I deal with my life. I've gone from acceptance to pride and it makes me feel a lot better that there are people out there who I know and they know me and are totally happy with who I am :biggrin:
    It has also given me the courage to start coming out to my friends and stop the lying. Forever.

Will

7. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

United we stand,
    Divided we fall.

Thanks EC and all its moderators and admins.