1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there anyone you regret coming out to?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CrazyAsian, Sep 29, 2011.

1. CrazyAsian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was wondering if there was anyone you regret coming out to, I know I regret coming out to several people. Why? Because many of my friends who I told basically started avoiding me and ridiculed me for being gay.

2. First of all, I'm sorry you had to go through that (*hug*)

And, no. I'm out to 6 people, and all of them reacted very well, thankfully...

3. Tiny Catastrophe

I know how you feel. I accidently came out to my best friend and he acts weird around me and like kinda keeps his distance and stuff

4. Danny19

i just came out to my sister a few weeks ago. and even though she said she supports me and still love me, she suggested medication and psychologist, which made me feel bad. But overall it was good. however i dont know why but i regret it. and i dont want to, but i just do. i feel bipolar -_-

5. Possibly Maybe

I do. Three to be exact.
    A family friend, who i used to gauge the reaction i might have gotten from my parental unit since she's the same age as my parents. She took it fine, but is rather tactless when talking to me sometimes. Last time i saw her i promised myself not to let in to my house again. She offended me and i haven't gotten over it.

My aunt. She was the first person from blood family to know. She is very open minded sometimes and then a horrible homophobic comment will come out of her mouth.

The first person i ever told. We were friends, but aren't anymore. I regret that they have the information, i wished i had been more careful.

---------- Post added 29th Sep 2011 at 11:18 PM ----------

God, i know how you feel. (*hug*)When i finaly got the courage to come out to my best friend (female) she would take three steps back if I came closer to her. I don't even know if she was aware of it, but it hurt :frowning2: i always saw her as a sister, and never crossed my mind to have any interest in her. She got over it with time.

6. needshelp

props to you for having the balls to coming out of the closet to your friends.

that's the reason why i don't think i could tell my friends or my family such. i used to convince myself that if the worst comes to worst, i could survive without them but ever since i come to realize that i'm becoming a little more certain that i'm gay despite me not being 100 percent sure that i am, i find myself needing support and these are the only people that i feel can at the moment.

good luck, though.

7. RedKnight

I regret coming out to my Mum.

Its not that she took it badly, she took it excellently. But I just wasn't ready at the time when I did come out to her. So looking back at it I would much prefer to hold up coming out to her a bit longer (like until I found this forum) and gained more acceptance with it myself. But oh well. Can't take it back and nothing is different.

8. Flyers2011

I regret telling my dad for two reasons. First, he's extremely homophobic and basically made my life hell. Two, about a year after I came out to him my parents divorced and I cut him out of my life. So it was an uneeded coming out. I went through a whole bunch of bullshit for nothing.

I'm sorry about your friends, but look at the bright side. You don't want people who won't accept you for who you are, it's better to be friends with a few people who love you for who you are rather than a bunch of friends who don't like you for who you are and you either have to put up with their bullshit or pretend to be someone your not.

9. cityofangels

cityofangels Guest

I do regret coming out to one person. He was one of my best friends. We knew each other from work. After he found out he basically started avoiding me completely. He didn't want to have anything to do with me :frowning2:

10. blikeo

11. Katt

I'm a texan[: No.. we don't ride horses to school.
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello Crazy Asian!! [Boy do I know a lot of those :wink:]
    You've probably heard this a bunch, but anyone who thinks ill of you for your orientaion is not worth losing sleep over :] There are a couple reasons behind the disapproving aditudes towards GLTB peoples;

-Because it is thier understanding that thier religion forbids it [refer to the "being christian AND gay/bi/lesbian" section on this site] and so they are worried that acceptance of it would be a sin in itself
    -It clashes with their view of you, so they arent exactly sure who you are in thier heads anymore [pretty much you have to start your relationship over if this is the case].
    -They believe stereotypes about GLTB peoples, and so dislikes you, not because you are gay/bi/les, but because they think you identify with the negative stereotypes (promiscuous, sinful, emotional, vanity) assosiated with GLBT's.

So ALWAYS remember that they don't hate you, but the person they think you are. Which you arent, you're YOU. If you are close enough to any given person that you are comfortable sitting down and talking with them, clear up the sterotypes! Get to know the person all over agian, so that they can get to know the new-and-improved YOUU!!
    There's nothing wrong with you sweety [:
    Private mesage if you like, or post, or whatever.
    Much love!

12. Fiddledeedee

I regret coming out to my mother. I'm not sure why. She didn't take it badly, as such, but it is... different... now. Nothing I can point to, nothing major, but I wish I hadn't. As for everyone else, I'm apathetic.