1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you could start over...would you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Noah27, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Noah27

Out Status:
    Some people
    If you could start over from the begining and could of been born stright...would you do it?

I asked myself this quetion a million times back when I was in the closet and I said yes everytime. But now that iam at peace (well more like 60% at peace) with my sexuality I can say NO I would not like to of been born stright. Because being gay (well at least for me) is like having the best of both world its like I can sing along to Glee but I can still watch a football game you know what I mean :thumbsup:

2. haelmarie

No. I think being not-straight is so much more interesting.

3. Ridiculous

Pff, definitely not.

Being gay is so much more entertaining :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Yeah!

I don't want to be "Normal".. normal is boring, even though I'm not really out :lol:

5. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

I Agree :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Tiny Catastrophe

I wouldn't want to change who I am. I mean it's hard for me because a lot of people won't and don't accept it (haven't come out to many people yet) but for the most part I like it and I don't know why. Not the not being accepted part but the being how I am part

7. Mogget

It depends on how much of my personality would change by becoming straight. For example, I get along with and relate to women and girls much better than I do to men and boys. This is a feature associated with homosexuality. Obviously if I got to keep it while straight it would benefit me tremendously in terms of getting a girlfriend (I can think of a number of girls I'd go out with in a heartbeat if I found them sexually attractive). But if I didn't retain it (that is, it's too strongly correlated with homosexuality for me to retain), then there'd be no point. I'd have the same problem I do now (i.e. not relating to or easily getting along with the gender I'm attracted to).

#7 Mogget, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  8. Bolin

If you asked me earlier this year, I'd say yes. However, the above quote comes into play, and also, if I weren't gay, I wouldn't have met some of the amazing people I know today. It's a tough call, so I'll leave my decision at "undecided." :slight_smile:

9. Bosco

Even though I'm still settling in and working on being fully out, I would like to stay gay :slight_smile:
    It may be harder and probability is against us in terms of finding a date, but it only makes it will only make it that much more satisfying when I do find my guy <3

10. SiberianHusky

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    there is no such thing as "normal" we are all defferent in our own way.. that is wat makes use all special!! and no being gay is epicly super dooper awesome! it makes me me if ya no wat i mean.
    :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride::newcolor::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

11. needshelp

HELL YEAH. i would do it in a heartbeat. the past made more sense than the present. the present however is just confusing the daylights out of me. before i even bothered to confront this issue, i was sure where my heart was at and now that i'm bringing it up, i'm completely unsure. funny how about a week ago, i was sure that i was gay but now, it's like i'm holding on to the questioning card.

12. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It probably would have been easier to be born straight but I like women too much. Plus a big part of who I am today is because I've always felt different. I can empathize with others that feel like outcasts.

I like the fact that I'm into women. They are just so beautiful/awesome/amazing/everything else.

13. J Snow

No, in fact, if I wanted to be straight I could be exclusively with women. I guess to an extent that should make me bi, but I don't really have any desire to be with a woman. I don't wanna be the man of a relationship (or the bedroom.) So in other words, I wouldn't want to change myself or else I'd have tried to do it already.

14. Raeil

If I could start over from the beginning and be born straight, I wouldn't.

If I could start over from the beginning, and choose to go to Missouri Scholar's Academy in Summer 2007 instead of staying home all summer, I would totally do that. First, because it would have allowed me to be around people who I identified with in the academic sense, which would have been a great counterbalance to my regular life when I was around tons of people who I identified with in the religious sense (but not at all in the academic sense). Second, because it would have looked REALLY good on my resume. Third, because I would have had my faith severely challenged much earlier, which would have led to me losing my faith earlier, which would ultimately have helped me to come out earlier. (I didn't lose faith before I came out, but the only thing holding me back from accepting myself as gay was my faith)

^
    |
    |
    Only major regret in life.

15. Mad Man L

I'd personally prefer just to hit the restart button on life in some sense full stop, and remove the stupid, retarded and idiotic things in life. I want an eraser to get rid of the idiots of society.

In a way, I sort of do, sort of don't.

16. Undecided John

Well, I'm already pretty different from normal people, so, f**k yeah, I would like to not have to deal with any doubts and questions about my sexuality.

I already have to worry about trying to be cooler, cause girls usually don't like the things I do, and trying to be "not so desperate", cause I'm pretty exaggerated, and that kind of scary people a little, so, if I didn't have to worry about maybe being bisexual, that would a pretty good thing.

17. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    nope, I'm proud of who I am, it took my while to get here, and I wouldn't wreck it just make things easier.

18. Zontar

Last month I would've told you "yes."

Now, I'm not so sure being gay is so limiting and restrictive anymore. In fact, I've come to view it as a exceptional privilege. If this is the way things are gonna be, it's really not that bad.

19. RaeofLite

No I would not. I think being gay has offered me the opportunity to become a better person (not because I like women), but because I'm able to empathize better with people who are treated different from the majority of the population. In otherwords, since gay people are judged, and I know what that feels like, I'm able to mentally get to the level of someone less fortunate or be there emotionally for someone who's going through a rough time. Whereas someone who maybe hasn't had the opportunity to learn or want to get to that place, wouldn't.

Plus not having to worry about pregnancy... ? That's pretty awesome.

20. No. I am proud of who I am.