1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot/cold preference and sex

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Owen, Oct 2, 2011.

?

What is your sex and what temperatures do you prefer?

1. I'm physically male and I prefer cool weather.

43 vote(s)
    58.1%
  2. I'm physically female and I prefer cool weather.

7 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. I'm physically male and I prefer warm weather.

17 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. I'm physically female and I prefer warm weather.

7 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I'm someone who loves cooler temperatures. Winter is my favorite season, and you'll never hear me utter the sentence, "It's too cold in here." Conversely, I start to complain as soon as the temperature gets above 60°F (15.5°C). It's those people who are always complaining about how cold it is that I can't understand, the ones who glare at me as I turn on the air conditioning unit in a classroom.

Recently, a friend of mine theorized that males are more likely to like cool temperatures and females are more likely to like warm temperatures. I myself have noticed this, too, and being the inquisitive type, I'm always up for getting hard data on something, hence this poll.

Need some help voting? Here's a handy-dandy guide.

Do you prefer winter to summer because of the temperatures? Are you in love with your air-conditioning unit? Are you more likely to complain about it being "too hot" than it being "too cold"? Do you keep your windows open on cold nights? If so, you might be the type who prefers cool weather.

Do you prefer summer to winter because of the temperature? Do you wear sweaters or jackets everywhere? Are you more likely to complain about it being "too cold" than it being "too hot"? Do you close your windows as the sun is going down to keep out the cool air? If so, you might be the type who prefers warm weather.

2. Jonathan

Shouldn't be the other way around?

If you prefer winter over summer, are in love with air-conditioning and complain about it being too hot, wouldn't you prefer cool weather?

And if you prefer summer to winter, always wear sweaters, and complain about it being too cold, wouldn't you prefer warm weather?

3. Ridiculous

Haha yeah I think so.

I would say that I prefer cool weather.. however that's because it's far easier to warm yourself up than it is to cool yourself down. I like having a nice, pleasant spring or autumn temperature - I don't like being cold, it's just the lesser of two evils.

But I also really like warm weather if I am outside, yet hate it when I am inside (usually because it comes with humidity).

So I'm not sure which one to choose.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was all set to respond "I like my sex really really hot"...until I actually read the post. :slight_smile:

I'm male, and I'm somewhat overweight. This one-two combo you'd think would mean I'm all about the cold. Nope. Love it hot. I think I'm the only person who didn't complain about the heat in Colorado this year. We have a convertible, and "top-down weather" is my favorite time of the year. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. Lychee

I'm female and prefer warm weather.. But I accidentally clicked male, awkward.

(As an added irrelevant side-note, when I was in the hospital a month or two ago, in emergency, and they put the wrist band on me, they accidentally had it written that I was male on there. I'm quite feminine, short, and have a decidedly female voice (and name), so that was a bit of an awkward fail on their behalf)

6. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Egad, that's quite the mistake to make. I fixed it; thanks for pointing it out.

I changed the numbers for your. :slight_smile:

7. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Wow, this was harder to answer than I thought.

I like the cold weather, but its mainly because I like winter wear, getting comfy under blankets and not having to sweat. So mainly I like winter because it allows me to be warm in comfortable ways? xD

I do like colder weather than hot, so I'll just go with cold :grin:

8. J Snow

Wow I misread this... I thought you were asking if we prefer cooler or warmer temperature while having sex...

edit: Also, I suppose I like cooler weather, only because I like curl up under a blanket, get some warm food or a warm drink, sit next to a fire, etc.

9. TraceElement

I LOVE the cold. The heat (and humidity) makes me uncomfortable for some strange reason.

10. Bolin

I prefer the cold over the warmth, or heat, or whatever. Temperatures over 65°F make me irritated...so 75% of the year, I'm at least slightly irritated when I'm outdoors. xD

11. otc877

otc877 Guest

My friends make fun of me because I sleep naked with a light sheet, my window open and every fan I have on high. All year long.

At work, I'm known for turning down the conference rooms' air conditioning to 65 whenever I host meetings.

The air conditioning is always on in my car, regardless of the temperature outside (well, within reason).

#11 otc877, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2011
  12. U N Owen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I prefer the cold. The air is nice and crisp and the humidity is zero. Plus if your cold you can always just add another layer. If your hot, well there is only so many layers you can take off.

13. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I prefer the cold weather so that there's an excuse to snuggle under the sheets :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. Raeil

I certainly prefer the cold over warm any day. When it comes to clothing, you can always add more layers, but there is a distinct limit to how many layers you can remove.

15. Porphyrogenitus

I clicked cold. But considering where I live, I consider anything below about 20 degrees C to be cold, and anything below, like, 10 to be 'horribly freezing' :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Certaiinly I like winter better than summer.

16. Jonathan

I prefer warm over cold...I guess I'm in the minority here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. Mad Man L

^ this. Everybody is probably going to be saying 'Time to bring out the winter woollies again!' because it's 18 and rainy today. :lol:

I love cold weather, but cold here isn't that cold.

But summer here is horrible. Dry heat isn't that bad, the kind of heat with 20% humidity and 30 C. But when it's 28 C and 70% humidity, it's horrible. I remember walking to school when it was 35 degrees and 60% humidity. No thanks >.> The only great thing about summer is that the weather is interesting.

18. Enaithor

I die when it's over about 10 degrees C.
    That might be a slight exaggeration, but only slight.
    I find that everyone I know prefers hot weather, but females tend to more.
    This poll will be skewed though - there will be more people that have strong opinions on weather voting, and as so many people prefer hot weather, those who prefer cold weather will have stronger opinions because it's against the norm

19. HalfInsane

I thought the same thing, and admittedly spent too long consider my answer.

But I think all and all I prefer slightly cool weather, thought not freezing. If its cool out you can at least try to warm up. Which sex works for... so i guess my answer would be the same if that had been the actual question :lol:

20. RaeofLite

I'll take hot any day. I can always have water, but bundling up and shivering isn't that nice. Plus, heat usually means it's sunny out which I prefer over cloud/dreary days.