1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Social Network Do Use? And Why?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by someguy, Oct 2, 2011.

?

What Social Network Do You Use?

1. FaceBook

65 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Myspace

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Twitter

5 vote(s)
    6.4%
  4. Google+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

8 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. someguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Please excuse the typo on the thread name. Also please abide by the forum rules related to sharing off-site profiles.

I don't use any of them.

#1 someguy, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm on all four.

I was originally on MySpace, and mainly used it as a business tool. Most of my business contacts had MySpace page, and those were routinely updated with new information that I needed. As people abandoned MySpace for Facebook, I created a profile there, and now use that one. I also have a second "personal" FB profile which is for friends and just generic fun.l

I have a Twitter account, but I admit to not being very good with it. (I have all of 90 followers.) I'm just not very good at being extremely pithy. I prefer to write complete sentences. :slight_smile:

I started a Google-Plus account because everybody told me it was going to replace Facebook. It ended up being like moving beyond the velvet ropes into an exclusive club...only to find nobody else was inside. I never check the account.

Oh, and early warning that all ECers should know anyway - do NOT post your FB, MS, Twitter or Google Plus names or links. Thank'ee. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Bolin

I checked off "Facebook" in the poll because I use it more. Anyways, I use Facebook to keep in contact with with friends and family. I also use it for networking.

I have a Twitter account, but I don't post too often on it. I mainly use Twitter for instant news on a variety of subjects (i.e. world events, video games, anime, music, etc.).

4. Ridiculous

I have a Twitter account, but I don't use it to tweet, only so I can follow other people and get their tweets. I have replied to a few though.

I have a grand total of 6 followers, which span a wide range of people: one of them is the twitter account for a sex toy shop, and another is the MP for the largest city in New Zealand. I'm not sure why they are following me.

5. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Facebook and Tumblr mostly. I have a Twitter but mostly just for celebrity-stalking purposes.

6. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    there should be options to select more than one choice

7. alan t

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Fb g+ twitter tumblr livejournal

8. Raeil

I'm on both Facebook and Google+ (as well as tumblr and twitter for random purposes), but I use Facebook WAAAAAAAY more because everyone I know is on FB, I know how to use FB (mostly), and G+ hasn't impressed me enough yet. Eventually, I'll probably get a rotation going of visiting G+ once a day, but I haven't checked it in a month or two because nothing important is on it.

9. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have all of them plus a Tumblr. My favorite would be Twitter by far, then Tumblr followed by Facebook.

Can't stand Myspace or Google+.

10. just b urself

heres everything i have:facebook,twitter,myspace,myyearbook,tq nation,and a tumblr but i mainly use facebook.i dont liek myspace..the last time i was on their was a few months ago..im barely on myyerabook because alot of people on their use it for being gross and hookin up..im on facebook every time im on the computer and then twitter and then tumblr

11. Mad Man L

Facebook. I occasionally use my Twitter account.

I never even had MySpace. (It was popular back in the days when my parents/news services convinced me that social networks were evil).

12. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I use Facebook and Twitter.

13. needshelp

i'm thinking about killing off my facebook. i check mine out once or twice a week if i feel like it. i have a myspace but i haven't been on there in months. don't mess with other social networks.

#13 needshelp, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  14. HalfInsane

Facebook, because everyone else was doing it. And its enough of a chore in and of itself; no Twitter for me. I never did hop on the MySpace bandwagon... does using the term bandwagon make me seem old? Ah well

15. Colton

Facebook<3

16. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

Sadly, I still use facebook -.- I sorta don't like it as you can tell, I've been trying to join Google+ but it's not letting me becuase it says I have to be over 18 or something -.- so I'm sruck with facebook. Then again I still have my Tumblr <3 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. xXPsychedelicXx

I use Facebook, mostly. It's the easiest way to keep in touch with my friends, if they don't have a Blackberry. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Twitter has never really interested me, and everyone tells me that MySpace is like a deserted wasteland, but I've never bothered to go over and find out for myself. I blog occasionally, but not enough to earn the title of "Blogger".
    And there you have it. :slight_smile:

18. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a Facebook addict and I also have a Google+ but I only have one person I know on there, so it's kind of as useless to me as the Myspace I made years ago and did nothing with at all.
    Oh, yeah, I have a Twitter and never use that, and a Tumblr which I use on occasion.

19. Artemicion

Facebook and Google+....im simply bored out of mind at work...thus...both :slight_smile:

20. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Only Facebook for me. All I really want out of a social network is the bare minimum of info to keep up to date with what friends are doing, and facebook does just that.

Even then, I'm hardly an addict. I'd do a quick cursory sweep for ten seconds a day or so, and that's it (except when I'm on holiday and I'll post a few updates to make the people at home jealous :wink:)