1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not exactly important but...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rooni321, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Rooni321

Does anyone else get kind of turned of when a girl (or guy) is super obvious that they want you that it comes of desperate-ish?

For example;
    There's this girl at my school who keeps looking at me and smiling and stuff and I'm okay with that because she's really hot. But then every time she's near me she starts getting loud with her friends and starts booty jiggling and booby poppin everywhere and it seems like she's doing it for attention. But its slightly negative attention.
    Idk I hate seeming so judgemental! Maybe that's just how she is but its really a turn off.
    Ugggh
    What do y'all think?
    :bang:

2. Lenny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well you know that saying 'Love is blind'? Peeps tend to become a bit erratic when they are overwhelmed with a strong emotion...from her perspective she probably thinks she looks awesome! If you ever have a quiet moment with her just point it out...but in a funny relaxed sort of way..it will break any awkwardness and she'll be more aware of it in the future...

3. maverick

Desperation is a turn-off to me, yes. I like it when people are relaxed and self-confident, because a) I'm attracted to laid-back personalities, and b) being around calm people helps me to be calm.

4. Rooni321

That's true, I remember doing that when I was younger. But that's definately a good idea!

---------- Post added 5th Oct 2011 at 09:35 AM ----------

Yeah me too, I usually tend to like the people that are more in the backround than people who are all over the place!

5. Sharkattack2222

To me, it seems like people are attracted to the things they can't have, or the things they need to work for. There's something about "the chase" that keeps us excited and wanting more. When people throw themselves on me and act desperate, it really affects how I feel about them and it isn't very attractive. The only time it doesn't bother me, is if it's someone who I was already interested in before I found out they were interested. Although on the other hand, when "we" are the ones being chased, the person who is into us will want us even more if we don't act interested because "they want what they can't have". Does that make sense? It's a vicious cycle.

So yes , desperation is a turnoff for me . If I was attracted to the person beforehandthough it might change how I feel about it

6. Rooni321

Actually that makes a lot of sense!
    I went through a lot to chase this girl only to find out that she was straight and a bitch.
    But I just wish there was a way of letting her know that I'm into her so she wouldn't come off that way and we could just talk and not act crazy lol(b/c I'm super shy).

7. Bosco

It really depends on the situation.
    I can definitely understand the 'chase' theory and I've had that happen to me too many time to count.
    But I also feel like I'd could be won over by someone who was really clingy and expressive of their emotions towards me. I mean, what's not to love about someone who's truly in love with you and isn't afraid to show it? :slight_smile:

8. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Never experienced this so... no.

9. sanguine

ive experienced this and its not attractive, all because its the wrong sex DAMMIT! ive only gone crazy for one guy who sent a heck of alot of message my way if you know what i mean, but that's all over now, i think chasing someone who you are strongly attracted to on an emotional level is real romantic, up until the point where it just becomes pathetic, suicidal and stalkerish

then it just becomes sad

#9 sanguine, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011