1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else here have gay siblings?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by whencanIbeme, Oct 4, 2011.

1. whencanIbeme

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know I can't be the only one..

out of the 8 of us (half, step, and whole siblings) 3 (including myself) are not straight. I have a gay brother, and a bisexual sister. they have been the biggest help to me, not only warming my parents up, so to speak, but being there when i was still totally confused, and helping to accept me for me. I am very thankful to have them in my life.

2. Jonathan

No, I do not. All seven of my siblings are straight. I guess there is a chance that my little brother may be gay or bi, but he is only 12...so it's a tad bit early to tell.

3. Jewel

Jewel Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I HAD a gay brother. That's actually why my coming out was so easy, everyone was used to knowing someone who's gay.
    But now he's dead.

4. whencanIbeme

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am sorry to hear that. (*hug*)

5. Hazel

Nope! That's interesting, though. My uncle was gay, although he struggled with it all his life, but I'm the only other one in the family as far as the eye can see (that I know).

6. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Agh, I wish! That would be so awesome.

I do have a cousin who I'm really close to, though, so she makes up for my lack of gay siblings. Love her to death <3

Edit: oh, shes actually the girl in my avatar :grin:

7. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Yes, I have a gay younger brother. He's a little less than 3 years younger than me. We're rivals, more than anything else though. I also have a gay uncle...

8. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No gay siblings, my sister is straight; the closest gay relative I had was my dad's aunt who had lived with her 'friend' since 1945 (she died in 2005 and her 'friend' was left everything in her will which all my aunts thought was 'only fair, considering *look at the 11 year old in the room, change subject*' - gotta love having a family of WASPs)

9. maverick

No, I only have one brother and he's straight/engaged, but I do have a younger cousin who I believe is gay.

10. xXPsychedelicXx

I have a gay uncle. But most of my family are strict and Afrikaans, so I don't think anyone knows for sure. My mom and I just guessed. :eusa_shhh

11. zoezoewriter

Florida, USA (AKA Where the old go to die)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My older brother's gay, and as far as we know (possibly younger brother) that's it. What's ironic is that my brother is the only person I haven't come out to.

12. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No gay siblings...though I mean something sorta happened with a step-sibling that makes me think he might have a slight bit of gay in him...won't get into that. Some could see it slightly well you know....

But one thing I always find amusing really is on my Mother's side, I'm technically the "tenth" born. I mean there's my grandmother and grandfather, then my aunts T, F, S, and then my Mom, and then my cousins P, M, and A, and I'm the last one. So I dunno, I just kinda look at that as funny cause its like...I'm the "tenth", the one in ten people are gay theory.

13. Bolin

I have 5 siblings, but they are all straight (although I thought one of my sisters was a lesbian...but not anymore. >_> ). I have 2 gay cousins, but....I'm not even going to get into that horrible story. xD

14. Fiddledeedee

One of my brothers might be gay; he is 17, but just apathetic. The other is straight as far as I know.

I may have gay extended family members, as there are 71 on just one side now, but a number are younger than me and the rest I assume to be straight.

15. RedKnight

My parents used to think my brother was gay when he was gay (now 26) but he is just metro.
    As far as I know all my family are straight. My closes cousin in age to me is 27 maybe so I would think I may of heard something by now if this wasn't the case.
    But I do have a number of second cousins (cousins kids) so who knows, maybe one day? (the eldest is like 6)
    Closes I would have is my uncles first wife is a lesbian but I'm to young to really know who she is. He married his second (and current) wife when I was like 7 or something.

16. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a feeling that my youngest brother is gay, but it's probably a few years too early to really tell.

17. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Apparently, my older brother's gay. He told me right after I told him that I was gay.

18. J Snow

To the best of my knowledge I do not have any gay relatives at all.

19. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

My half sister claims she's a lesbian, but she has a boyfriend or husband or something. I don't know.

20. Raeil

To my knowledge, I don't have any gay siblings or family members. Admittedly, that's probably pretty normal, considering the small size of my family. Also, my sister is only just now starting to hit puberty, and I have two cousins who are still about 12-13 years away from understanding their sexuality enough to tell people. So, I could have three, though at this point I'm under the impression my sister could be bi. She'll never hear it from me, but if she decides to have a coming out party/storytime/whatever, I won't be surprised.