1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd Sexuality Story

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by boy0boy, Dec 4, 2007.

1. boy0boy

So I was watching some health channel and a show on sex changes. Always interesting stuff.

What was really informative for me was the fact that it had information about female to male transexuals, which you don't hear much about. I mean the idea of a man becoming a female means the subtraction of something, and for a female to male - an addition seems harder/not possible. It is though possible, and this story had to do with one of those.

So they show this guy with like a mustache and balding, like in his 40's perhaps and I finally realized that he was once a she. He looked like a biker with tattoo's and everything. So it was really surprising to see how far he had come to being a male, even to the point of having the genital construction surgery. So he even had a penis.

What was cool and got my attention was that once he became a he, he slowly realized he was attracted to men. So basically he was a girl who had been a lesbian, who became a man attracted to females who became a gay man. Isn't that insane?! It really makes sense in a way. The idea that people are gay due to not being able to deal with the opposite sex intimately, the guy said that he has a new understanding of men now that he is one. Of course him being a transexual meant that he always knew as a girl that he was male who ended up being a gay male.

I just thought this was interesting and wanted to share. :icon_bigg

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Transgender people have some of the most diverse (and sometimes confusing) stories to tell. I know two transgender women (formerly men) whose wives stayed with them after the change. I've met a couple transgender men (formerly women). One is gay and I'm not sure about the other but both look very natural. No stranger on the street would know any different if they ran into them. Children as young as 6 years old are transitioning now with the support of parents. These kids were telling their parents as young as 2 that they were the sex opposite to what they were born. It's all very interesting to me!

3. waitingsucks

That's really strange for your sexuality to change with an operation. It's interesting the female --> male operations. I know now that they can get penises but does it work or is it just cosmetic? lol I no thats sounds random btw

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Good question! This is what is says on Wikipedia:

An erectile prosthesis can be inserted into the neo-phallus to replace the erectile tissue and enable sexual penetration. This is usually done in separate surgery for healing reasons. There are several types of erectile prostheses, ranging from simple rods that have a hinge so that the neo-penis can either stand up or hang down, to elaborate pumping systems.

There are three different techniques for phalloplasty:

[edit] Free graft from the arm or leg
    This technique involves using a free graft of tissue, usually from the inner side of the forearm, sometimes from the upper arm or the leg. This tissue is removed from its original place, rolled up, with a part of it forming the new urethra, and grafted to its new place between the thighs.

For transmen, the urethra up to this point is formed from the inner labia. Often, this is done in a separate procedure, sometimes a full-scale metoidioplasty is done a few months before the actual phalloplasty to prevent complications or make intervention easier when they occur.

Sensation is retained through the clitoris which is at the base of the neo-phallus; also, often a large nerve in the graft is connected to nerves either from the clitoris or other nearby nerves. Also, nerves from the graft and the tissue it has been attached to usually connect after a while, thereby allowing additional sensation.

This is by far the most common surgical technique for phalloplasty today, and also the one which produces the best results in both function and aesthetics.

I also read where many female to male just choose to only have breasts removed and have a hysterectomy.

5. Ty

Ty Guest

Thanks becky! I've always wondered that but never really thought it appropriate to ask lol... hmm makes me wonder how functional a false penis would be....

6. Nerdtendo

...I was just confused by the scince mumbo-jumbo...but I'm guessing it means they can, in plain english.

7. LowestVocal017

Beckyg, being a male-to-female transgender myself (I was born XY, wish I as born XX), these are the regulars who I too have contact on a normal basis.

I'd like to ask this though since You mentioned "formerly women" and "formerly men." Were these men and women transgender or transexual?

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well my assumption (or knowledge of the situation) is that they are transgender. Doesn't transexual usually describe people who just like to dress in the opposite sex's clothes or am I mistaken on that?

9. Level N Human

EDIT: I think I made a mistake in the last post.

From my understanding it's:

Transexual: Has/will/would like to undergo sex change surgery.
    Transgender: Identify as the other gender, not biological gender. May or may not go through sex change.
    Clarification: Transexuals are transgender, but not all transgenders are transexual.

Tranvestite: Simply likes to dress as the other gender. (Identifies as their biological gender, does not wish for a sex change)

Fun fact: Most transvestites are heterosexual males.

#9 Level N Human, Dec 5, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  10. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Okay, thanks for clarifying.

11. boy0boy

Well yeah sorry to be a bit late, but the operation Becky described about the leg/forearm graft is the one the guy from that show had.

I find it amazing, I only became aware of females being able to have penises recently and it really blew my mind. How far we have come is constantly shocking me.

12. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It is all very interesting and amazing what they can do!

13. surfrboykai

i've always wondered how they make a penis. like, i've seen a special on one of those discovery-spawned channels on how they make a vagina out of a penis and scrotum, and in a way, it kinda made sense to me. but like, how do you make something when the materials aren't there?

i've always also wondered, and this may seem rude, if FTM transgendered peoples can orgasm? if anyone knows how they make a penis, and if/how they orgasm, can someone send me a PM? i very curious about it, and i honestly don't mean in a rude way