1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just venting...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by canguy, Oct 7, 2011.

1. canguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In the past 2 years my life has changed a lot. I went from having savings and retirement mutual funds to being unemployed and in a daily growing debt. I continue to struggle with coming out for some reason or another, my confidence is at an all time low. And I am just recently starting dialysis because my kidneys have failed me, due to a genetic disease. I have been fortunate enough to get disability support in my province, but it's hardly enough to pay for my medication and trips to the doctor. Thus leaving me stranded living with my parents and aunt. I say stranded, my vehicle has literally fallen apart and is going to end up being scrapped. My parents are struggling to keep our home, I have no way of helping them. It's gotta be all up hill from here right?

I feel the need to vent about this, and I am curious about what people have to say in response. Maybe some want to vent about some of their issues...

2. Rooni321

Well I'm not sure of how well your support is with the people around you but maybe its time you let your friends and/or family know that you're gay. I'm sure it would help a lot for that to be off your shoulders. I know its a lot because I'm not really out either but I know it would definately take a load off if I came out.

3. needshelp

nothing's wrong with venting, man. in fact, it should be encouraged and applauded. i hate when people dismiss other people's venting besides their own as complaining.

but damn, man. that's really messed up, man. so if you don't mind me asking, your disease. how bad are we talking? will you need a kidney transplant?

4. canguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel better if I can put my feelings into words, I do it often and it makes me feel like I am setting down my problems temporarily. My disease is genetic and there currently is no cure for it, but a lot of research is being done on it. It's called Alport Syndrome and yes I do need a kidney transplant with a possibility of that kidney failing again later in life. The disease also affects hearing and eye sight, I have had minimal change in mine though. I don't want to sound like I am complaining, I still have a good life and I am very grateful for the healthcare system we have here. A generation or two ago the options for someone in my position would be very limited.