1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If I'm not mistaken

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mimerio, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Mimerio

Is there a difference between pansexuality and asexuality? I apologise if I sound a bit naive but they are new words to me, and I haven't done my research on both, some clarification would help lots, thanks

2. Veronica

Big difference, c/p from Wikipedia:

Pansexuality (also referred to as omnisexuality or polysexuality)[1] refers to the potential for sexual attractions, sexual desire, romantic love, or emotional attraction, towards people of all gender identities and biological sexes.[2][3] Self-identified pansexuals may refer to themselves as gender-blind—that gender and sex are insignificant or irrelevant in determining whether they will be sexually attracted to others.[4] The Oxford English Dictionary writes that pansexuality "encompasses all kinds of sexuality; not limited or inhibited in sexual choice with regards to gender or activity."[5]

Asexuality (sometimes referred to as nonsexuality),[1][2][3] in its broadest sense, is the lack of sexual attraction[4][5] and, in some cases, the lack of interest in sex.[6] Sometimes, it is considered a lack of a sexual orientation.[7] One commonly cited study placed the prevalence of asexuality at 1%.[8]