1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does This Happen to Anyone Else?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alex15, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Alex15

Surrounded by the Old Repulican Vangard (Texas)
    So I've been having these weird lingering eye contact occurenses lately. I will be walking and I'll see a good looking guy, naturally I'm looking but not trying to be obvious and then it happens. Both of us make I contact and it's like we both get it, we see each other for who we really are. Time kinda slows down and im just thinking "I understand you" and then Bam! It's over and you just go on with your life, you keep walking, because you know it could never be. I know it may sound cheesy or maybe I'm just going a little crazy and reading to much, but I've had this happen a handful of times in my life and it's the closest I've ever gotten to idk how to say it, seeing someone really seeing them, it's like your looking at their soul, not their body. Thoughts on this would be really appreciated. Thanks

2. FlyBiBareFeet

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi Alex,

I know what you mean, I think. I have something similar every now and then. But it is not to do with me understanding them in terms of their personality, but in terms of their sexuality. Being bisexual myself, I try to act straight (it's easy,because I'm more attracted to girls than guys), but if a nice looking guy looks me in the eye, and I notice him and make eye contact for enough time (doesn't happen often because I do not want to draw attention to the situation), then I kind of realise, as does he I'm sure, that I am attracted to him and he is probably attracted to me. I try to erase the thought from my mind, but it's only when I think about it later that I realise that in a strange way I have made an emotional/sexual connection with someone by making prolonged eye contact with them. And if a guy smiles at you, then it's a dead giveaway that he likes you. I usually smile back, but make it a quick smile so as to not give the game away. But it makes me feel good afterwards that a guy can almost undress me with his eyes like that.

3. Alex15

Yeah I think you helped me put it into words right there. Glad to know I'm not the only one that thought this. I really do enjoy it to haha, it's just a feeling you don't get every day

4. FlyBiBareFeet

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You're right Alex, it's a rare feeling and makes you feel very nice...if you're like me, it makes you feel warm and horny!

5. needshelp

6. PerfectInsanity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've sometimes had that happen, but my problem is that while I was in the closet I made it a point to not make eye contact while walking through campus because I was afraid of being discovered. I would simply look straight ahead and keep walking and if I did sneak a peek at someone, I quickly averted my eyes. Having come out, I'm trying to work on this and not be such a weirdo about it. It also seems like sometimes eye contact is made, but it seems very unlikely that the person is gay, that maybe they are just insecure and notice my staring (and start going "wtf?" mentally). The more I think I know about how to "read" people, the less it seems I have figured them out. We are a very bizarre species!

7. Rooni321

I notice this a lot when people are sad.

8. Alex15

Yeah Rooni321 I can kinda see where your coming from on that

9. FloatingPiano

This. I can always tell when someone is very sad or upset just by looking at their eyes. Even if they deny it, and say they aren't, I can just tell that something wrong. It's kinda weird and cool at the same time, I think.

10. Alex15

The eyes are windows to the soul

11. Bosco

I'd like to believe that this happens, but I can't really prove that it's not all in my head.
    I have yet to go up to a guy after that happens and ask 'hey, dis we just share a really intimate gay eye stare?' xD

12. Rooni321

Yeah it is pretty cool but its sucks because I can feel their pain like its a fresh wound. And that look they have on their face or in their eyes always haunts me, especially if its a friend of mine.

13. thevedman

There's always a slight worry that I'll get it wrong and the bloke will be straight! But yeah there are those good times where you get that 'click', and people around you seem oblivious and it's kind of like a secret moment... pretty cool!

14. Alex15

Yeah now that I'm thinking about it, they could have been sad a few times. But definitely not all the time. Some are just a connection that goes way beyond the physical level. I kinda miss the eye contact after I have these moments