1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Because I'm a badass.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Katt, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Katt

I'm a texan[: No.. we don't ride horses to school.
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey guys!

About six months ago, I got my cartalige peirced. No big deal, right? Except I did it myself. With a thumb tack. Badass, I know. ;D It's pretty much healed now. I haven't had any problems with it at all. So.. now I'm thinkin I'm going to peirce my lip. Only, with a sewing needle this time.. Hurts less. And it's longer than a thumb tack. So yeah, gimme your thoughts. And please, if you're one of those who just wants to tell me I'm going to get an infection or something, keep it to yourself please. Life's too short not to get your face pierced. :grin:

2. Ridiculous

You're going to get an infection or something.

You're going to get an infection or something.
    You'll be fine.

But seriously.. it's not something I'd do myself.

3. feverdreamt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    With a thumb tack!!.. that sounds like it would hurt a lot.. Cartilage piercings can look cool, i'm thinking of getting my industrial done... as for the lip piercing, where on the lip?.. just make sure you sterilize the needle first, cause I imagine an infection from a lip piercing would suck..

4. lucas52

lucas52 Guest

Sweet! a cartilage pierce with a thumb tack that sounds pretty badass! and lip pierce with a sewing needle! awesome!

5. Katelynn

Wow! Hardcore girl! My hat is off to you! Or rather, I would if I was wearing a hat right now!

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Burn the needle before you do it, This will help sterilize it, other than that I hope that it goes well. Just remember to keep it clean.

7. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Seconded. That really is a must... And wouldn't this hurt? :/. Certainly something I couldn't do lol. You are indeed a badass :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry for the double post, but I would also hold an ice cube to the spot before you put the needle through. Not only will it help with the pain, it will help with the swelling.

9. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Wow, that's actually really hardcore. With a thumb tack? When I had my rook pierced I went to a parlor in Nashville and I literally almost passed out afterwards because it was bleeding like an axe wound. I agree that you should definitely sterilize the needle before you pierce your lip though, and you DEFINITELY need to keep your cartilidge piercing clean. If you don't you could end up with an infection or a bubble on it and that's never good...

10. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Set up a dentist appointment and get your mouth numbed. The needle will go through like a hot knife in butter.

11. Rooni321

I did mine with a sewing needle too. Just make sure you do it nice and quick, and it doesn't hurt as much as other peircings :slight_smile:

12. maverick

Wow, you girls are so tough, it's kind of a turn on. :lol:

[​IMG]

I don't have any advice that hasn't already been given, so good luck if you decide to go through with it, and keep us updated on your success, or lack thereof. We'll be sending you badass vibes. :thumbsup:

And I cannot believe you pierced your cartilage with a thumbtack, that is pretty awesome.

13. Katt

I'm a texan[: No.. we don't ride horses to school.
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Haa! Thanks for all yalls funny comments. [:
    Yes, I was planning on burning the needle beforehand. It wasn't so much for sterilization as it was to get it through easier... two birds one stone ;D
    It's gonna be on the left side [my left.. your right] XD
    It will look awesome.
    Also thinking about the tongue.. I'm very proud of my tongue so that's like a no brainer for me. ;]
    And yep. I AM a turn on. For suree. :grin:

14. Absentminded

Well, not gonna lie, I've done it myself, more than once. It's not exactly the best idea, but if it's what you're gonna do, there's obviously no stopping you from doing it.
    All I gotta say is:
    -Be careful
    -Make sure it's clean.
    -If you know someone who happens to be a professional piercer, ask their advice on how to do it.
    -Hopefully you don't strike a nerve that paralyzes part of your face.
    -Keep it clean

However, as far as the tongue goes...You MAY (I highly recommend) want to check to see if you CAN pierce it due to vein placement. Tongue infections aren't something to be taken lightly.

15. J Snow

Well, I must say I don't understand why you are doing this, but I'm pretty squeamish when it comes to piercings lol. I just don't really understand the appeal. That being said that has nothing to do with you so I guess all I can say is good luck.

16. Justsomefatguy

This. The tongue is a piercing I would never recommend as a do-it-yourself option. The slightest infection, or stabbing the vein, and you'll have very bad problems. I've met people who've had their tongue needing to be removed entirely because, even though a professional did it, they got infected. My father's friend when they were in their teens did try and pierce his own tongue, he also hasn't had a tongue since that day. Since you're so proud of your tongue, beware the dangers before you mess with it.