1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerd Herd

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by malachite, Oct 14, 2011.

1. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, sometimes I think I'm the only gay nerd out there.

I love Chess, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, D&D, Board Games, and Comics.

So......

What is your nerdish joy?

:eusa_thin

2. Katelynn

You're so not the only gay nerd out there! This gal was a bondafide band geek in high school, total music nerd now & quite a bit of a SW & BG fangirl to boot!

3. Rinamir Mortem

I'd call myself a nerd. I spend an ungodly amount of hours playing computer games. I too love chess and certainly a Risk lover if I could find anyone to withstand an entire game with me...

4. malevolentgrrl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am a definite nerd - always have been, always will be. I love Babylon 5, trivia, and making fun of TV people who can't spell or understand the meanings of words. Nerd Power!!!

5. Bolin

Um, who has completed 136 anime series, most of which were completed during a period of SIX MONTHS?

This guy.

Who got all giggly and excited we he met a couple of his favorite voice actors at a COMIC CONVENTION he attended?

This guy.

Who still keeps his prized Yu-Gi-Oh! Spellcaster/Dark deck in his dresser drawer and his buttload of Pokemon cards in a shoe box under his bead?

This guy.

Who fanboygasmed and squaled like a little girl IN FRONT OF FAMILY when he learned that Street Fighter x Tekken, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Soul Calibur V are virtually coming out right after each other?

This guy.

And did I forget to mention my unhealthy and strange fascination with X-Men comic books?

This guy.

Yep, I'm a total nerd.

:grin:

#5 Bolin, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  6. DarkClarity

Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh ftw. I like chess but I'm horribly :***:. I've never won a chess game before. I still not 100% sure how to checkmate.

I don't think your the only nerd on here. I'm follow politics alomst religously. I also like anime, secretly like Glee, and I spend a disturbing amount of time listening to game music.

Nerds FTW! (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

7. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you are not alone

8. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    YEA!!!! Nerds unite!!!!!

9. Gallatin

I love Pokemon. And I'm also a huge fan of Star Trek and Star Wars (hence my Anakin Skywalker avatar) - and basically all science fiction.

Oh and I play chess on my laptop during class! :grin:

10. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

:smilewave

11. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I think there's more than a few nerds here ^_^

I love video games, anime, manga... more influenced by Japan than Western nerdness, though. Still love Lord of the Rings, Hary Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, and D&D-inspired games, though.

I prefer fantasy to sci-fi, normally.

12. Mogget

We're out there, but since as a subculture, nerds tend not to be into the sort of socializing that's common in the gay subculture, it's easy to feel as if each subculture is exclusive of the other.

13. Rinto

Rinto Guest

I wouldn't really call myself a "nerd", but I'm pretty much like it if I say I'm an otaku.

Like everybody else, I enjoy watching anime, reading manga, playing computer games, has some taste when it comes to foreign languages but certainly not the chess person. I'm also the Japanese in spirit but foreign in body :slight_smile:.

I like reading unabridged dictionaries, the really really really thick ones ;DDDDD

14. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Really? I always had the impression that A LOT of gay guys were nerdy. At least it seems like we have TONS on EC and around me.

Total nerd here, though. Only thing I was never able to really get into was reading comic books. The stories behind them, the characters and the worlds I'm into, but I just don't like to read them. Doesn't do much for me.

My "thing" would have to be RPG games and fantasy books. And documentaries <3

15. Vesper

I play or have played many video games, including Final Fantasies 6 and 7, most of the earlier Super Mario titles (SNES, NES, and N64), Donkey Kong Country 1-3, a few Zelda games, and many others. I used to play DDR until I ran out of time and opportunities.

I play Sims games on the PC--first 2, now 3. They've consumed more time than I'd like to admit. I've played many indie and/or Flash games, including N and Knytt.

I'm a casual fan of anime and manga. I can't namedrop voice actors and don't follow release dates from Japan, but I appreciate a good series now and then. My avatar is the female main character of "Guardian of the Sacred Spirit".

I appreciate sci-fi, though as with anime and manga, it's more of a casual appreciation. This is one interest I intend to pursue much further in the future, though.

Lately, through some friends, I've come to enjoy playing tabletop games, including Doodle Dice, Set, Loot, Carcassonne, Dixit, Samarkand, Seven Wonders, etc.

Eh, I'm not the nerdiest of all the people I know, though my potential is great. One of my best friends is an anime, RPG, video game, fantasy, and board game geek of the highest order.

#15 Vesper, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  16. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I started playing Dungeons and Dragons when I was six. I don't think I had a hope of not turning out nerdy. It doesn't seem particularly common among the lesbian crowd though, a lot less so than in gay guys, from what I've seen.

17. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yea! I'm so happy I feel like I just rolled a nat 20!!!!!
    :eusa_danc

18. Bi As A Kite

I'm into magic and trainspotting. Pretty much confirms me.

19. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Math, logic puzzles, D&D, sorting games, and I even worked in the chemistry stock room in college.

Lex

20. jayhad90

jayhad90 Guest

Nerd alert!

I am a definate nerd when my most prized possesion is my book collection or the fact that i am lookin for new stuff every day for Skyrim! eek! I love to draw Sci-Fi charectors and stuff like that, I love X men, Stan Lee is a genius! but i never really can get into comics i just love the history of the characters. If you guys like comics and the super hero. Hero by Perry Moore is a good book its about a teen whofinds out he has powers and that he is gay, its really good! Love chess and definately played pokemon till high school :slight_smile: