1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dude... Wait, what?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BlueFoxfireS8, Oct 15, 2011.

1. BlueFoxfireS8

Haha, love my title. Anyways, hi guys, just got back to posting here so here goes...

I find that I'd feel weird if not oddly offended when I get called 'dude' or 'bro' and I just keep feeling like ughhh... and I'm not really getting as to why this is. On the other hand, I have been called ma'am or miss a lot over the phone and I feel somewhat flattered and endeared when it happens(mostly because they get it so wrong but I just don't have the heart to tell them that).

Basically, why do I feel more comfortable being addressed as female than male. I don't fancy the idea of me cross-dressing, mind you, so I don't get that 'I'm a woman' type of idea although I do like the way they move better, just that I won't make a good example of one. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'm not looking for advice so I figured it should go here. I'm just asking for ideas or some kind of explanation or theory to explain me.

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I too am often mistaken for a woman on the phone, though it annoys me and I've often shouted back: "I have a penis, dammit!"

3. Rinamir Mortem

:roflmao:

I have never liked being called dude or bro before....just sounds so slack. I would much prefer sir :grin:

4. SlickyPants

I'm the Dude. So that's what you call, you know... That, or uhh, his Dudeness, or uhh, Duder, or you know El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

5. Bolin

I hate being mistaken for a woman...EVEN IN PERSON I get called "ma'am"...I mean, really. 6'2", broad shoulders, facial hair...and you STILL call me ma'am?! Admittedly, my voice is rather soft, but it's not that soft. :dry:

Also, I hate being called "bro" or "cuz" (short for cousin, for those of you who don't know), and I can't stand it when elderly people call me "son." I AM NOT YOUR SON. I don't mind "dude," and I use it all the time, even for females.

Basically, I just think it's a personality thing. Some people don't mind being called "dude" or similar words, and some people don't like it.

6. Noir

It's better than being a college-age girl and having an adult think you're a five-year old....=.= I sound like a little girl on the phone. Just like my mother, I'll probably be the type to be asked "Is your mother home?" when I'm fifty or so. xD

7. JudgeDredd

Yeah I hate being called dude or bro. It almost sounds unintelligent. Sir sounds way better :grin:.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
    Awesome! Love that movie :icon_bigg

8. DarkClarity

Never been addressed as female before but maybe it's just because to some people you sound like a woman. I don't mind being called dude. I hate "bro", "bruv", "blood" and I hate most of all being called son. I'm not your son. I'm not your bruv. Don't f:***:ing call me that.

#8 DarkClarity, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011