1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Like wtf??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ty, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

#1 Ty, Dec 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2007
  2. EthanS

EthanS Guest

:confused: why wud they want HIV???..

3. lodiug

wtf??? That's sick!

4. Kovax14

Kovax14 Guest

oh the ignorant US populace.....seriously how could you not be aware of the effects of HIV, especially as a gay individual when it is such a prevalent issue. that is seriously the stupidest thing ive heard, sacrificing your life so that you dont have to worry about condoms anymore

5. Ty

Ty Guest

I don't know if im more shocked or horrified. On top of everything else, this hardly helps the stigma around homosexuals and AIDS. Something seriously needs to be done about that =/

6. Kimi

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Bug chasers!? Gift-givers!?!? Spreading HIV as a gift!?!?!?
    WHAT THE FUCK!!

I can not believe the documentary at all, holy shit.
    This is SO fucked up...really bad...omg...

"some gay men believe they're going to get HIV eventually anyway and seek out this "conversion" so they won't have to worry about it anymore"
    That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my life...

7. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    That is some whacked shit.. honestly, to think that there are people out there who spread and get AIDS/HIV for fun is just screwed up in itself.

Especially to think that there are also some people who pass it on deliberatly, without the receiver knowing. These people really need help.

8. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard in my entire life. What the fuck?

9. Taaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sad but true that some gay people wear Aids like a badge of honour. :bang:

Very sad state of affairs but it is important everyone knows these people ARE out there - so when its raining wear your waterproof boys cause you never know.

10. step49x

I think I'd almost be curious to see the documentary, just to find out why the people are doing it (besides being completely ignorant).

11. xxAngelOnFirexx

well if you weren't like a whore and sleeping with random strangers then you wouldn't have to worry about it! This give gays a bad stigma! I mean if your that much of a sex-whore and want aids you sort of deserve to die for being stupid in the first place. Yet again i'm faced with beautiful Darwinism (inside joke with me and myself. i basically complain about stupid people but then i feel better thinking of them getting caught up in it and facing the consequences) So don't worry. this 'gene' of idiosy will 'die off' evantually.

12. Ty

Ty Guest

We can only hope, morgan.

13. CrimsonThunder

I've known that for a long time. There are even forums where people ask to get the seed.

14. Level N Human

WTF I had a flabbergasm.

15. urbansamurai

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    OK.... Don't get me wrong. I am in no way condoning these people's actions.

However, as people who have been struggling with what it is to have a gay identity, most if not all of you have come across the sterotype that gays are solely sexual beings and that they are basically bound to die of aids because of their shameless promiscuity. Now, to all of us, this seems like a totally ridiculous statement, but imagine if you had never had this type of positive exposure to gay culture as a whole.

From what I understand of this type of behavior, a large number of these men go to these "bug parties" because they believe that contracting HIV is inevitable and they might as well get it over with. Now, anyone who has half a brain knows that there are a number of precautions that can be taken to prevent the spread of HIV and it does not have to be the case that you will contract the disease, whether you're gay or straight.

But combine these fears with a few sick and twisted individuals who, for whatever reason, are intentionally wanting to spread the disease, and (at least I) can sort of understand where these kinds of things are coming from.

Now, with that said, even though I'm not shocked by this because I've heard of them before, i still think that......

..............THAT HAS TO BE THE STUPIDEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD.

16. Kibuki kid

..........*gets up from computer, goes to the window and shouts obscenities into the street, walks back to computer* that is just disturbing.........

17. InaRut

The sad thing is...Our society allows for stupid people like these to flourish. Darwinism only really applies for the wild.

However they are gay so hopefully they won't reproduce.

Honestly though:tantrum:

18. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're making the presumption that only promiscuous people get infected with HIV, which is... well, bogus.

Also, however unbelievable it may seem to everyone here, obviously it happens enough that one can make a documentary about it. So then, after the initial disbelief has worn off, you have to ask is there any point in railing against the supposed stupidity or immorality of these people or if it might be more useful to sit back and think, "Okay, what on Earth is going on that some people are involved in this kind of thing?"

Because frankly I've read a lot of people here talk about doing things that I find, on the surface, insane and unbelievable, things which make absolutely no sense to me and which in my opinion fly in the face of common sense, and yet generally people don't respond by getting angry and calling those people stupid. So it can be good to ask ourselves, "What is it about HIV that makes us so quick to condemn people who make what we consider poor choices with respect to it?"

Because we can freak out as much as we want to about people "barebacking" or going to sex parties for the purpose of getting infected with HIV, but at the end of the day freaking out doesn't really accomplish anything. It's real; it's happening; and it doesn't seem to be isolated.

I dunno about you guys but I find it a lot more interesting to try to figure why someone would be in the headspace that they'd make these kinds of decisions... and why so many of us seem to freak out so readily when people make odd-seeming choices about HIV, as opposed to all the other things people make weird choices about. People make choices other people consider unhealthy every day--but some of them we just shrug our shoulders over and others we jump on the "I hope that stupid moron dies" bandwagon.

People's reactions to other people's choices tell us, I think, just as much as the choices themselves, don't you think?

19. WilbersRevenge

...Utterly speachless...