1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I have these prominent scars...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andane, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Andane

Yeah, so I have these 2 large scars running parallel across my stomach from a surgery when I was a baby. They're pretty long and kind of indented, and I always feel like if I met a guy and he saw me without a shirt that he would be disgusted or find it really unattractive. So I just kind of wanted to see what you guys would think if you met a guy who had really prominent scars. Would it be unsightly or a turn off? Or just not even matter that much? Thanks :slight_smile:

2. Eric

I used to have a teeny tiny scar above my left eye that seems to have disappeared beneath my eyebrows that I thought was kind of a unique characteristic for me. Obviously, there's no getting rid of scars, so you just have to roll with it and be confident despite it.

I personally find scars kind of sexy, to be honest. I really have no clue why, but I can't possibly be the only one who thinks that way. xD

3. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Could be a battle scar!

When your "bf" sees it, you could go "YEaaah, I'm a baaaad bitch"

But other than that I think scars are cool, I used to wanted one across my eye :lol:.. But as long a it doesn't look bulging and nasty looking ten you should be fine.

4. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

I saw a model who described something similar to what you have. He made the scars red and drip blood by tattooing and it looks SYCK (that’s good, by the way). It was so freakin’ HAWT! He added another scar-tattoo to look like an animals had clawed him.

Always remember, scars are physical reminders of what you were stronger to overcome.

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't be too self concious if a guy is into you and gets turned off by something like that then you're beter off without him.

Let me tell ya a little story.

There used be a guy that worked across from me, I thought he was hot as hell. Thing is he had zits on his chin. Yeah, I noticed them but they weren't what I was focused on at all.

We got to talking one day and he mentioned he hated that he acne in his late 20's and was really self concious about it.

My point? We are more critical about yourselves then other people.

6. Rooni321

Sooo I know I'm not a guy but scars on guys are sometimes good looking!
    And honestly I understand what you're going through because I have a big scar on my stomach from a hot water burn. Ouch! I'd say just own it haha

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you can also make up a cool story about how you got the scars.

"A freakin rabid tiger jumped out of the bushed and slashed me up, so I kicked it in the nuts and put it in a sleeper hold!!!!!!
    That pussy never knew what hit it!"

8. Bolin

As for me personally, I really wouldn't care. :lol: I have a MOUNTAIN of stretch marks anyway (thanks to my constantly yo-yo-ing weight loss/gain), so I really couldn't judge anyway. :lol:

9. I dated someone with a scar like you described. I hardly even noticed it because that wasn't something I cared about. The things that attracted me were still there and unmarred by the scar. It was just part of who he was.

10. starfish

I have a 6" long scar on the right side of my abdomen.

There were these gang members that were harassing a kitten, they had ran it up a tree. The were throwing rocks at it, and it was scared out of its mind. I jumped in and two of them pulled a knife on me. With a single kick I knocked the knife of there hands and spun around and punched the third guy square in jaw. Knocking him out cold. The first two guys ran off in fear. I climbed up the tree and rescued the kitten. I calmed it down and then gave the kitten to an orphan. However that story is unrelated to the fact that I had Pyloric stenosis and had surgery when I was about 2 months old to correct it.

11. Haberdasher

"I lost a sword fight... with batman"
    "They're paper cuts... in my defense it was a vicious sheet of paper"

Alas, I also have scars, right under my pecs so it looks like I had some sort of moob surgery. I think scars can look cool... but not scars like that. I thought about getting a tat to cover them but I'm not really a tattoo person and that'd require kind of a large tattoo.

12. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I have scars up the back of my legs from an ankle surgery I had six years ago to fix both of my Achilles tendons. Both of them are probably six to seven inches long. It really isn't a big deal, almost everyone has scars of some sort. I wouldn't look twice at yours. I'm neutral on the subject though, they're neither attractive nor ugly to me. They're just there.

13. seeksanctuary

I think scars are pretty hot; I like hearing the stories behind them, I like looking at them and I think they just make a body looked... well, lived-in!

Scars are part of a journey. Don't be ashamed of yours! :]

14. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't worry about it so much. Everyone has different likes and dislikes and if they don't like the way you look with your scars then that's their problem. Scars can look attractive. Don't worry about it so much. :slight_smile:

15. SammieG16

i think men with scars are really hot. it makes them look stronger, it shows what they've lived through.

16. ShebbsIsAwesome

Haha yeah I agree with what some of the above posters say, I like scars.

17. Darquesse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I have a scar across my face (top-right to bottom-left) and my girlfriend who is, for me, the one, doesn't care so I think that when you find the one, they won't care.

18. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A picture would be helpful.

19. Rinamir Mortem

I would say a scar would make an excellent talking point to allow both you and your partner to get to know each other a bit more.

Personally, it would attract me more as it makes a guy look more rugged/harder :grin:

Love your scars, they make you unique

20. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just another voice to add to the chorus to say no, scars are no big deal - and can even be kind of a cool, personalizing thing to have, whether you tattoo them or not.