1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaydar stories?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sethrowe, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Sethrowe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There is this guy in my class who is clearly, without a doubt, as gay as it comes. I asked this girl if she thought he was gay, she said of course not. Almost everyone thinks he's straight and I don't think he could possibly be any more gay. Apparently gaydars are an uncommon occurance... Do you have any gaydar stories?

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm...
    I like to think I've got good gaydar...
    Once when a new kid was being shown around the school before classes my Junior year, he walked by twice and I looked in his eyes and knew instantly he was gay. He came out to some of my friends later in the year so my suspicions were confirmed.

In my first day on campus in college I met 3 guys who I thought were gay and I have since confirmed that they are members of the LGBT club.

Lesbians, on the other hand, I have no gaydar for at all.
    And I have no idea how I fare with bisexuals and transgender people or any other identities people have.

3. Eric

I saw Melissa Etheridge on TV once. I didn't recognize who she was and when I said that I was pretty sure she was a lesbian, her name hadn't been put up on the screen yet. Apart from having strong feelings that some other people are gay (like, people I know), she was the only instance in which what I assumed turned out to be true. Although I should add I've never technically been wrong about people. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I haven't been wrong yet. You just have to know what to look for, I guess. Even the most 'masculine' gays have tells. I can't spot lesbians unless they're really obvious though.

5. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Every since school started I always thought this Jake guy was gay. He would always walk with me to classes and put his arms around the shoulders and say I love you. Nobody knew I was gay so I just acted weirdly as if I was straight. I asked someone by my locker today and i asked him "Is Jake gay" and he replied yes and said he kissed Brennan on the lips before. That guy by my locker kids around a lot so I'm not sure if it is true or not.

6. RaeofLite

I don't have instant gaydar, but I have developed some form of it. It gets easier if I know a person, watch their body language closely etc. If they're checking out people of both sexes, the tone of their voice and gestures, eye contact, or perhaps lack of talking of past relationships may indicate their orientation.

7. Rooni321

I only have a good gaydar if its obvious or the other girl is liking on me.
    2 girls at school: I FELT someone staring at me. I got a rush of attraction coming from somewhere. When I looked in the general direction of where I felt the stare, there was a hot girl standing there smiling at me.
    I later found out that both those girls are gay...like straight up lesbian lol
    It was SICKKK(in a good way lol)! :slight_smile:

8. needshelp

well, no. i think there's this one guy at the gym that i was at that's gay because i noticed that he was looking at one of the guys in the desk real hard with a huge smile on his face. this was the same guy that i believe was sort of watching me somewhat or gaydar had gone off on me. other than him, haven't really been paying much attention. there's been guys that i've known that act kind of feminine but that doesn't mean that they're gay. my "gaydar" really doesn't work right unless i notice something that is real obvious to the point where it's noticable.

but speaking of this thread, i'm sure that i would be the subject in other people's gaydar's stories. i've set many guys gaydars off :icon_sad:. yesterday, i think i set one person's gaydar off. i just gave something to one gay guy and his friend who is bisexual, i overheard them talking, giving him the :icon_bigg "i think he's gay" look. as soon as i saw that, i was like "oh oh". i think my coworker thinks i'm gay or he's probably gay because he keeps talking about issues in the gay community to me. i hate gaydar.

9. Justsomefatguy

I have extremely accurate gaydar, I haven't been wrong yet. Like just a week or two ago I met one of Tiny Catastrophe's friends in an Oovoo group session, I immediately IMed her to ask if her friend was bi, she said no, than her friend said yes like 5 minutes later.

10. Mad Man L

I don't really have a good gaydar. I know there's someone at my school who is definitely gay. Most of the grade suspects it, and to back it up, he started touching my leg (near my crotch) and has this "super respect" for me which developed suddenly. In fact, the only thing that changed in that time was me coming out.

So I suspect he's gay. Aside from that, my gaydar is a failure.

I can analyse someone's behaviour quite well though, so after somewhat getting to know someone, I could probably tell.

11. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suspect that everyone who I think is good looking and/or funny and charming is gay.

Thats how my gaydar works.

12. Sethrowe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lol, I wish it was like that!

13. Alex15

Surrounded by the Old Repulican Vangard (Texas)
    I know mines good when guys eye rape me (which is kinda flattering if it's just one or two people, not so much in huge groups) other then that I knew about to guys at my school and one other person who obviously is but remains to come out

14. Rinto

Rinto Guest

I'm quite good with the gaydar thing, except that I blame every single good-looking metrosexual-acting "straight" guy as gay. I just like to think they were gay; that'd be cute :grin:

15. thevedman

I think this gives me away to anyone that I haven't actually told about my orientation...

16. FloatingPiano

I have fairly accurate gaydar. I have a friend who is transgender, and I knew he was before he even knew! lol And all my other gay friends I've be able to tell that they were gay, too.

It weird. It's just, when I look a person in the eyes sometimes I just can just tell. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. SagaciousNJ

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My gaydar needs calibration, but every so often I receive a flash of insight and a total certainty that the man I'm looking at isn't straight.

Anyone else get that?

18. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'll preface my story by saying typically I don't have a really good gaydar unless it's off the scales.

At work I met someone that just joined our department. Within 10 seconds I thought to myself "He's definitely gay". I kept to myself and it seemed as though everyone else in the office was oblivious to it (making homophobic jokes, not to offend, but oblivious of us being in their presence). It's really a combination of a lisp, walk/mannerisms, and always making sexual innuendo jokes without ever once referring to a partner or current/past relationship.

Anyways one weekend I saw him at the local gay bar, and I talked to him briefly, and thought to myself "well no surprise here", but still no confirmation.

I met someone in a different department at work, (who was confirmed gay, and knew I was gay). I was talking to him when the person #1 walked by. Person #2 is like "He's gay right?" I'm like umm, I dunno. He's like "Come on look at the walk!" Over the months there was endless speculation between us but no confirmation.

One night I was at a co-ed bar with #2 and #2's boyfriend. We happen to run into #1. #2's BF at this point agrees with us "oh yeah, obviously". #2 just flat out asks him. He really tensed up, but did answer in the positive. Apparently afraid to let out the "big secret", while also apparently oblivious to the fact that he was in the company of "family" (even forgetting our previous encounter).

19. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My roommate who just moved in. My bf and I walked downstairs so I could see him off and the roommate's door was open and he was chatting with his mom. Just the way he was laying on his bed and how he talked I'm like...he's gotta be gay, and the bf agreed. Turns out he has a girlfriend lol

20. Rinamir Mortem

You would be surprised how similar that is to one of my housemates...so confusing.

I threw my gaydar out the window. Completely useless in my opinion.