1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT Tattoos?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MommaFrog, Oct 29, 2011.

1. MommaFrog

I was just wondering if anyone has a LGBT themed tattoo? If so what and where?

I have music notes, three in each ear, in rainbow order!!!!

2. Rooni321

Not yet! But I want one, not sure what though.
    I do like the sound your tattoos, they must look cute! :slight_smile:

3. MommaFrog

I have 7 tattoos total, that's just one of them! *^_^*

4. Rooni321

What are the other ones??

5. MommaFrog

Treble cleft with dragonfly wings on back right hip
    Cherry blossoms (5) and branch on the back of my neck
    Tricatra on my right wrist
    Goddess Symbol on my left wrist
    red orange yellow on right ear
    green blue purple on left ear
    GIR with a cupcake on my right ankle

6. Rooni321

Omg how cuteee, I love gir :slight_smile: and I've always wanted a wrist tattoo!
    Do all of your tattoos have like a story behind them?

7. MommaFrog

Yes, the treble cleft with dragon fly wings is my love of music and 7 years of band
    The cherry blossoms are a miscarriage I had in 2009
    My wrists are religious tattoos and symbolize my status as a High Priestess
    My ears are my love of music and at the time my support for LGBT now that I realize I am a lesbian, well... that should be obvious
    Gir is a reminder to be true to myself and love even the little things in life

8. Rooni321

That is so creative.
    Its nice to see you have meaning into the permenant things on your body.
    Some people don't and its like..what? Lol

9. J Snow

I really am not a huge tattoo guy, but I could maybe see myself just getting one. Off the top of my head a cool (gayish) idea would be to get like a pink or rainbow triforce. Ya know, something that would reflect both pride and my inner nerd, as I'm a raging Zelda fan.

If I did get a tattoo I would probably get it somewhere that isn't always on display. I'm just afraid I'd get something I like now but 10 years from now I might hate the thing. That way I could choose to show it off to people without having to worry about it always being on display. It would be kind of cool to get it on the back of my hand like Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf do in the games though...

edit: Two more thoughts on this. I didn't even think about the whole pink triangle being a gay symbol. It works on so many levels!

My bf would probably kill me though. He's not a nerd like I am and when I talk about this kind of stuff he's just kind of like.... "uhhhhh yeah...." Plus he's brought up multiple times getting our names tattooed on each other, and I just am not into that at all.... Even down the road if we were married...

#9 J Snow, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  10. MommaFrog

My ex husband wanted to do a tattoo of each others names AS our wedding rings... that was soooo not happening....

The only name i would ever get tattooed on me would be my daughter's ((or any children I haven in the future))....

Name Tattoos are just NOT a good idea unless you can 100% accurately predict the future, and if that's the case, what are the fl latto numbers for the next, idk, three years?

11. J Snow

Yeah, I'm just not into the idea at all... but he's brought it up multiple times and I don't know what to tell him except the excuse that I don't like tattoos... I'm not crazy about name tattoos over all except a couple. Someone who I know's child died and they got it tattooed. Also a friend of mine is Egyptian and he's thought about getting his own name in Egyptian tattooed down his back in hyroglyphs. Its a bit egocentric but still not a bad idea.

12. Alex15

Surrounded by the Old Repulican Vangard (Texas)
    I was a lifeguard last summer and got to see a TON of tattoos, the best LGBT one I saw was a peace sign made of flowers, super flamey? Not as much as you'd think. It was really well done. As for me, I really want "Face Your Fears" down my left side. Idk how the fam would like it, and Idk how I would like it when I'm 33 but it would be great for awhile lol