1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NaNoWriMo Ideas?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SammieG16, Nov 1, 2011.

1. SammieG16

I have little ideas floating around my head, but i can't make anything strong. anyone have any plot ideas? :help:

---------- Post added 1st Nov 2011 at 06:45 AM ----------

please?

2. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I'm doing NaNoWriMo too. It's easier to write about what you know and it's better to use your own life experiences, either as they happened or with a twist. I've already written 10 pages. I'm writing a story about a gay guy, and I'm pulling some experiences from the last six months. I have the beginning and the middle planned out because so much of it really has happened, I just don't know how I want to end it yet. Pick something you really want to explore in your novel and go from there. The themes I decided to write about are drug abuse, alcoholism, poverty, eating disorders, gold-digging, and self-worth. If you're really desperate for a plot turn on the news and watch it for a while. There's plenty of untapped drama and conflict there to draw inspiration from.

3. Ben

Ben

To win NaNoWriMo, you have to worry less about the plot and more about just getting a bunch of words down on paper. Just write a bunch of stuff, set some things in motion and see where your story takes you :grin:

4. SammieG16

okay, i'll try, thank you. this is my first year doing it, so i don't expect to be too good.

5. Fiddledeedee

It's my first year of NaNo too, and while I've done today's writing with a 200-word buffer, I don't know if I will have the perseverance. Hopefully! I have an outline for the first part of my story, a Harry Potter fanfic, but as soon as Rachel has been Sorted the plan peters out. Should be gruelling fun!

6. SammieG16

i have finally desided what to write my story about!