1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bible verese

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MommaFrog, Nov 3, 2011.

1. MommaFrog

I want to inform all of you out there about some bible verses to use agnist people who say the Bible is aganist homosexulity...

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

Yes, let's make a rape victim marry her attacker.....

(Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

Because women are property and it's her fault she was raped, right?

(Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.

Sex salves???

(Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)

Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be divided in your midst. And I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women ravished; half of the city shall go into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be removed from the city.

God wanting you to rape women....

(Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.

Kill your kids if they "lie" in the name of god

(Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)

If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever.

Kidnap the family so he agrees to be a slave....

There are tons more, post any more you find....

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LOL
    The Bible tricking people into follow it's gobbledygook, since 0 A.D.

---------- Post added 3rd Nov 2011 at 03:14 PM ----------

Ever read Leviticus? it's awsome

You go hell if:
    You eat shrimp, clams, oysters, lobster, muscles, crabs, or scallops.
    Work on a Sunday
    Shave

Oh these Bible folk, it's almost like they just made this stuff up as they went along

3. Rinamir Mortem

:roflmao:

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Totally agree

5. Rooni321

Clarify please!
    What is Leviticus? :slight_smile:

6. Mogget

You do not go to Hell for breaking Levitical law. The concept of Hell didn't exist when Leviticus was written and Judaism rejects the doctrine of Hell. Christianity has it, but Christianity for almost two thousand years has held that Christians aren't bound by the Torah.

7. MommaFrog

I just thought I might provide some insight for people who blindly throw out bible verses at homosexuals... cause that straight up aggravates me

8. Ridiculous

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Bible! Contradicting itself since 0AD :slight_smile:

10. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.
    - Ezekial 23:20

11. Johnjohn2

Johnjohn2 Guest

Welll, the bible is the mixture og God's will, history, ancient jewish law and subjectivity, in the old testament.
    As I may see, a lot of people bringing up old testament to show and ridicule bible. But as I said earlier, the old testament is also mixed with ancient jewish culture.

Bible is written by many people, have been scribed by many people. Different account and contradiction may be expected.

I give you an analogy. When a person got suddenly strucked by a bus and died, do you think all the person nearby will have the same story? May be similar, yet there must be some differences, even inaccuracies. Does it negate the fact that they are present OR that a person died from the accident?

John

12. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

...Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing leads to gay bashing leads to Bible bashing...

Higher ground?

13. Ridiculous

Yeah. But you don't get to choose whether you're gay or not, following the bible on the other hand...

Perhaps the best approach to this discussion is
    [​IMG]

:lol:

14. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

Lol, I like it. I think for me I would say that being a Christian and my faith (which is quite liberal) is as much a part of me as being gay. For someone who is part of both worlds it just really frustrates me to see neither side really seeking in any way to understand the other side and instead just hurling insults.

15. MommaFrog

The entire point I was trying to make is this:

There are lots of things in the Bible that are no longer relevant. You can't take everything the Bible says literally.

I'm so sick of being told me and my daughter are both doomed and going to hell because I am a lesbian... and then being quoted the Bible by people that probably have never even read it!

I use the quotes I posted as examples of other things the Bible says that are no longer followed to then say something along the line of "So my being gay dosn't mean I'm going to hell, and I'm not hurting you, so back off"

16. Johnjohn2

Johnjohn2 Guest

Agree with you that noone should judge others about hell etc. :slight_smile: There are some lunatic out there thinking they are the representatives of God.... >:slight_smile: (!)

John

17. Ridiculous

But isn't the entire religion essentially exactly that, people telling other people what to do in the name of some god?

18. Johnjohn2

Johnjohn2 Guest

I don't know much about other religion, but it's clearly stated in Bible that Jesus reminded us not to judge...:slight_smile:

John

19. Ridiculous

But who wrote the bible? I'm pretty sure it was exactly one of those representatives you're warning us against :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

20. Johnjohn2

Johnjohn2 Guest

Well, could be. I mentioned earlier that there were handful writers of bible.... :slight_smile: some judgmental behaviour or subjectivity may arise. But if i am not mistaken, the verse is written in the part of Jesus' biographies (of what Jesus said).