1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God is a jerk...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DJNay, Nov 4, 2011.

1. DJNay

From Joburg, SA but now live in Brisbane, Aus
    I was talking to good friend of mine today, hes really awesome and down to earth, and we just click.... like literally, if i was a guy i would be him, he is exactly the male version of me. Its scary how alike we are, same interests, hobbies, personalities, u name it.
    We can literally sit for hours and talk about something that no-one else gets. He is a bit anti-social, like me, and to my friends he is a bit wierd but i just get that its what he is like. We both have ADD and social anxiety disorder, so we know how to deal with each other. The thing now is that he is head over heels inlove with me, the only thing keeping us from "being together" as he puts it, is my sexual orientation. Trust me Ive thought of it a thousand times and I just cant bring myself to be with a guy, Im repelled by just the thought. I even went as far as trying to convince myself to give him a chance we fully made out but to no change. I felt nothing, no "spark", i have no atrraction to guys. being with a male doesnt feel natural to me... I am as gay as they come, not even Bi.

From ,he came to the conclusion that a) there is no God or b) there is, but God is a jerk. Im going with the latter idea, because how can we have two people so compatible with eachother, its like we were meant to be, but one of them is gay... its not "fair" i suppose, this is what he feels and it makes sense to me. Even my family and some of my friends thought we were together because of this "connection" we have,and also because im mostly in the closet.

Just wanted to share this with everyone :slight_smile:

2. geordie94

maybe he exists but has one sick sense of humour?

my best friend is a girl, she is beautiful and absolutely perfect.. but yea.. no spark

*shrugs*

3. Zontar

Welcome to every philosopher's understanding of the problem of evil.

If you want my opinion, I've since stopped believing in anything not tested or testable by scientific rigor a long time ago.

4. lostinthought9

I think this paragraph, along with the title of your thread is offensive (or nearly so) to us Christians that exist on this forum. You're most certainly entitled to your own opinion; and I think you're probably going to get more replies because of the thread title, than to the actual content of it.

I also think that we come across people in our lifetime that we just "click" with. In my opinion, you should be grateful that you have such a good friend that understands you and get along extremely well with. That's certainly a better viewpoint than calling God a jerk.

Just my cheap two cents. :slight_smile:

5. Rooni321

Yah. If there is a god, she/he is an asshole.

6. Daisy1

Agreed. Friendship is a form of love and can be just as powerful. It's worth being thankful for.

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One day when you both has a significant other you will be the luckiest people because you will not only have a great partner but an amazing friend also.

8. Marlowe

I'm curious as to why you chose an uncaring God over no God. Also, I won't pretend these are anyone's beliefs but my own, but after struggling with this problem for a while, I decided that I was attributing too much power to God. God won't give you a car or help you win the lottery even if you pray really hard, and likewise God won't make you taller if you are short or change your sexual orientation, and God won't end war or famine or poverty. If praying did all these things, what purpose would there be to our own lives? Such a design ensures personal responsibility. The power God does have is to help guide us to lead a good life with the lot that is given to us. Embrace what is good about this friendship.

9. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you had me at God is a jerk.....

IF God does exsist I would find him a pitiable creature.
    People too his words and used them to spread hate and bigotry, used it to get money and power, used it to manipulate and enslave.

IF God does exsist perhaps his biggest mistake was giving people free will, sure we'd only be mindless meat sacks, but at least we'd know it.

10. FJ Cruiser

Sorry, but I find the whole "My life isn't perfect, so I blame/deny the existence of a god" spiel rather immature. It reflects shallowness of contemplation IMO.

Learning to accept being gay sucks. Join the club. :slight_smile: In I do mean the smiley in all sincerity.

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even though I found someone like my best friend, and he is quite wonderful, same time my best friend and I are also just so compatible and until I met my boyfriend, I honestly was exactly how you were "God is so cruel" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Really, guys, could we be a little more sensitive here? I'm not trying to be a dick, but aren't WE the ones who get all mad when people give us shit for being gay? Let's not do the same thing with religious slander. I'm agnostic, but I still find it rude, insensitive, and tasteless, and like someone above said, we gotta stop blaming shit on God. I know I've done it, but come on. How often do we THANK God if shit goes well?

:bang::bang::bang::bang:

13. starfish

I went through a period of being mad at "god". I don't think it is unusual for younger folks to go through that.

Over time I have come to accept that the universe is what it is, and that I can do nothing about it. So I just deal with it.

14. DJNay

@lostinthought
    i dint mean to be offensive, i am christian, its the way i was brought up thats why i believe there is a God, he was brought up Catholic but has since changed to Agnostic. im looking into other religions like Islam. i just feel its a bit twisted how life turns out. i value our friendship, and pray that its a life-long one, even though we will go our seperate ways when it comes to our partners, as Silverhalo put it.
    @FJ Cruiser i respect ur opinion, yeah it is a bit silly but it makes for a good descussion. im coming to terms with accepting that im gay, and so is he (finally), for a long time i felt sorry for him but alot of guys have felt the same as him and ive just come to fact that i cant change and wy should i be sorry about that, its not like im choosing to be gay. it also just made us think, where would we be now in our relationship if i wasnt gay...

15. seeksanctuary

Ever considered that it's not God's problem? Sounds to me like your friend wants to be more than just friends, and can't really accept that you're gay yet. *shrugs* Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but sounds like the problem lies with your friend, not any theoretical divinity.

16. RedState

Well...I live at the foot of the Cross...so I can't say much for you sinners. :slight_smile:

Actually Man's (and I mean that as a whole) struggle with God makes for great fiction...but more importantly, it makes for great...well....reality.

Yeah, it sucks being (inset whatever here) but that's just how it is....it's not God's doing...because it's not God's fault that Man fails to use the greatest gift He gave to us...the ability to reason.

17. DJNay

@SeekSanctuary
    yeah for a long time he wouldnt take no for an answer, he practically begged me to give him a chance, there were times where he would test the boundaries and try get all touchy-feely like at the movies but i stood my ground and told him to back off. like also while i was dating my ex, the relationship i have with him put presssure on her and i because there were times where she got skepical and thoughts of me cheating on her with him were in the air... but yeah he seems to be slowly coming around

18. V128

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OR! Perhaps God is saying that you don't need to be in love to have a meaningful relationship...?

Perhaps, ultimately, it's better that you're not together? Finding someone who agrees isn't necessarily the same as finding someone who's your match... being in love and having a relationship is about expansion of horizons, not agreeing on stuff.

Just a thought... :slight_smile:

19. NoName114

NoName114 Guest

I believe in god, and in my opinion everyday that I'm alive is a gift from god.

sources: watching two family members die and another losing her mind to Alzheimer's, and reading a book about WW II genocide.

I don't want to sound mean but life can be a lot worse

#19 NoName114, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  20. Jonathan

Personally, I feel like people are being overly-sensitive here. Some are making it sound like the OP is attacking their own personal beliefs, and I do not think that was her intended purpose for this thread. Just as you are allowed to have your own religious views, she is free to have hers...even if they don't agree with yours :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And just a side thought, but one can tell the OP's view merely by seeing the title of the thread...if you look at it and know that it's something you're probably going to get offended by...why do you bother opening it?

Just my two cents :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: