1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My ultimate failure of a week (it's funny).

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Foxywolf, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Foxywolf

Well let me tell you my entire week has been a complete failure of a week. Take note this has nothing to do with being gay or anything.

Well Monday started out good, I got invited to a Pokemon party and that was very fun. But as the evening went on I started feeling sicker and sicker.
    That night I probably got about ten minutes of sleep due to having a fever and strange dreams (I always have strange dreams when i am sick). (Don't worry this is not the funny part - you have to read to the funny part)

Well then the next day I decided to go home because I was feelling so sick. Luckily I only missed one class.

NOW here comes the funny part. Well I was a little behind on homework so on thursday I was doing some intense reading. I had just finished reading my bio textbook's assigned chapers and was going to read chem next. I got my chem book, put it on my bed and then proceeded to try and get on my bed. (our beds are lofted so they are too high to jump to get on.) Well to get on my bed I would always step on my chair and then onto my bed. The chairs were rocky so this was probably not a good idea to ever do this but being me I of coarse did. Well I stepped on the arm of the chair and the chair tipped over and I fell and hit my head on the ground. After I fell I went completely numb all over and was disorientated for a while. So I stumbled to find an RA (it is very hard to stand when you cannot feel any of your limbs). I stumbled down the hall and apparnatly I looked like I was drunk. I saw some people and asked if they knew where an RA was and they helped find an RA. Then he told me to sit on the ground and he asked me what had happened and what I was feeling right now. We then eventually migrated to my dorm room and he called our campus's first response people. The first response people all came to my dorm with their official walky talkies and instruments and all that jazz. They took my pulse and blood pressure and looked at my eyes. The guy's pulse reader was actually not working that well (it showed my pulse was unusually low) so he freaked out for a small moment. But then he got a working one and it was fine.

And then the ambulance girl came and was like, 'okay there is an ambulance outside,' and I was kind of like, 'noooo.' inside. I thought they were just going to look at me and be like okay you are fine and then just leave me. Apparantly not.
    So to my great embarrassment they put me on a stretcher and took me out of the doms. I made them cover my face with a blanket so that people in my dorm would not know it was me. (apparently they got some strange looks because it looked like they were wheeling a dead body away or something.)

So they wheeled me away to the ambulance and then took the blanket off my head. it was very strange being strapped to a gurney, in a neck brace too.
    Anyways one thing I must say was that the girl in the ambulance with me was really nice and I was very attracted to her...
    Moving on.

Well then I got to the ambulance and they would not let me off the stretcher for a good two hours. it was VERY uncomfortable. I then proceeded to get a CAT scan to make sure my brain was not bleeding. After five hours in the hospital I finally went home
    And to make it worse I was not allowed to sleep for twenty four hours because I had a concussion.... I was soooo tired.
    Yup, that's my story. :lol:
    Now I just have a lump on my head and since it was the back of my head somehow the bruise spread to my neck a little so it hurts to turn my head.

2. Katelynn

That is sort of funny, but also I'm glad that they did do all of that for you. Concussions are absolutely nothing to be taken lightly. Remember Liam Neeson's wife? She hit her head while skiing in Quebec, refused to have anyone look at her & then a few hours later, she was dead. They call it 'talk & die' or 'talk & drop' or something. It may have been really embarassing for you, but it could have been A LOT worse. Kudos to your RA & everyone else for knowing how to handle the situation properly. Also, I really am happy that you're OK too! (*hug*) Please be more careful with yourself! :slight_smile:

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That sounds like something that would happen to me... Glad to hear thought that the RA in you dorm called for help.

Also good to hear that you are ok. Concussions suck... I've had 4 of them. Hope you feel better soon!!

4. Vesper

Yup, that's definitely a pretty interesting week you had there, though I don't know if "funny" is how I'd describe it given that you could have easily ended up in far worse shape. I'm glad to hear that you're doing okay, and hope that the lump will go away soon.