1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wish sometimes you were the oppersite sex

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by British Lad, Nov 5, 2011.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

(This question is for those who are not Transgendered people sorry, as we all know you would prefer to be the other gender)
    Do you sometimes wish that you were the other sex for some reason and why?

2. NoName114

NoName114 Guest

I don't actually want to be a girl but sometimes when I see someone who I think is attractive I image myself as his girlfriend XD :icon_redf

3. Vesper

Kind of, in the sense that I don't want to be saddled by society and my family's expectations for my appearance. Guys seem to have it so much easier in that respect. Every time that "time of the month" comes, I wish I were a guy (for obvious reasons). In all other respects, I'm quite happy with being a woman.

4. NoName114

NoName114 Guest

Kinda like ChouChou "kind of, but not really"

5. kem

kem

At first I thought it'd be great because I'd get more boys, but then I realised that I wouldn't necessarily be straight if I were a girl.

6. Mad Man L

The only reason I'd want to be a girl is so I can go out with my straight crush. :lol: I like being a guy.

7. NoName114

NoName114 Guest

same^ XD, but I like being a man and I'd miss being a man

8. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes I wish to myself that I was female. I don't know how to describe it, but I think that I might feel more comfortable with myself if I was a girl. I also hate having so much hair all over my body.

Though it's just a dream, I wouldn't be able to enact it.

9. J Snow

I very frequently do, but I often speculate I might be trans.

Also, mild rant about the title of this thread. Since I started taking "Introduction to Queer Studies" its kind of been pounded into my head that there is no such thing as an "opposite sex." The sexes have far more similarities than differences. Plus the notion of men and women being opposites leads to a lot of sexism and unrealistic gender roles for both men and women.

Sorry for that slightly off topic rant.

10. firemaker13

Yes, I think it would be easier in life. I mean come on you guys. Guys can pee staying up. Guys get chosen for easier then a female.

11. blikeo

i've imagined it before, i don't know if i would really want to be though. I like my penis too much.

12. Thesasmaster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yes.. i would love to be a girl... but at the same time, i love being a guy... soemtimes i wish i could switch bacn n forth

13. AngelicDemonic

not really. I mean I've been told I act like a boy but it's only on very specific traits as a joke (mainly, I struggle keeping my eyes to myself & I eat. alot.)
    *shrugs* Im happy being a girl and if I woke up with a penis one morning I think I'd freak

14. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sometimes I love being a guy and other times I wish I was a girl. I don't think I'm trans, but it does get confusing sometimes.

15. Rooni321

^ ^
    HA! This!

16. Katelynn

I'm probably going to sound like such a bitch, but trans people don't wish they were the opposite sex, they already are the gender they identify as. Hence, Im female because I identify as female, in which case the answer to your question would be no, I dont wish to be male, despite nature having completely buggered up & given me male genitalia, etc. Im a girl & Im quite happy to be one on the inside! Now it's just a matter of, as well as a pile of money, time &, god willing (you listening god?), patience, & I can fix the outside to match the gender I already am!

I wasn't trying to be difficult, just pointing out that at this point in my life, I don't wish I was male, although there have been a few times where I've wished I could feel male just so Id be 'normal'. Now I just think Im a gay gal who's just a bit more 'special', I guess...

#16 Katelynn, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  17. Danny19

Re: Wish sometimes you were the opposite sex

exactly.. lol.. I love being a guy tho. i think i would always choose this. the reason i would like to be a girl sometimes is because they have nicer clothes. but hell thats when the gayest part of me comes out. but when i go back to my normal ways im like fuck it. i like guys clothes and i like being a guy more than anything. and i cant even imagine myself as a girl and being with a guy. i imagine me as a guy with a girl lol

18. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes I wish I was born a woman becuase there are so many men out there that treat m different just because I am over emotional and i know it would be more accepting if i wasn't a boy.

19. SA Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Quite often i think this, it would def be much easier in most situations, not being attached to embarrassing stereotypes etc.:slight_smile:

20. Veronica

kiersten has already done the nitpicking, but to elaborate ...

You usually separate between gender and sex. So the original question isn't strictly wrong in the way it's worded. Sex usually refers to the plumbing. Which isn't binary in any case, so the either/or question is a fallacy. Sex is a dimorphism, not a binary. Gender refers to your identity and expression, which are decoupled from both each other and sex. It is perfectly possible to be a tomboy girl with male genitalia for instance (pretty much where I am tbh).

kiersten is also pointing out that transgender people too can answer that question.

I can say yes that I'd like the other set of outward genitalia, and I can say no, I don't want to have the opposite gender identity. I consider myself somewhere on the female side of the middle, but I wouldn't want to be any other way.