1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joining a club.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gordon, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Gordon

When I get into university I want to join a GSA club problem is I only just came out and I'm a little nervous and embarrassed, also the club I'm looking at seems mostly effeminate what whith the the name of it 'Queers On Campas'. Mostly I want to get in touch with other gay guys and just get a foot into the gay community. Do you guys think I should join?

2. theWorldisYours

You should absolutely join. I recently came out to myself, and my close friends at home, and have realized that college is a very accepting place to be. No one cares that I'm gay here, and I haven't received any negativity yet. The lgbt club at my school is very effeminate. I'm not effeminate at all, and at first I was very uncomfortable hanging out with people I couldn't relate to. they also seems kind of uncomfortable with me, but now some of my best friends are part of the club. I haven't met that special someone through the lgbt club, but i have met a lot of cool people.

3. Rooni321

Join! Yes join! Its a great step in coming out and being comfortable with yourself. Plus, you don't have to come out right away if you don't want to, but you can explore your options there too :slight_smile: