1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight crush bummer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Daisy1, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Daisy1

Just found out my straight crush is sleeping with some guy, and I'm surprised by the sense of loss I feel. I knew it was unattainable, but she was honestly the hottest woman I've ever met, and I just enjoyed being around her. I guess it ruins the fantasy.

2. Rooni321

Oh god I see that all the time.
    And usually the guy is NOT worthy.

3. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (*hug*) I'm sorry.... Straight crushes suck.. But don't worry, you'll find someone way better and way hotter.

4. Katelynn

(*hug*) I can sympathize. There's a girl I go to college with I'm attracted to who jokes all the time about becoming a lesbian if it doesn't work out with her bf but then goes on & on about him & how much she love him, etc. Especially since I came out to her now. She likes hanging out with me & everything still & we talk all the time & sit next to each other in all of our classes together, it's just when the conversation goes over to her bf, I feel just a bit depressed....

5. Jess142

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    that sucks :frowning2: on the flip side, you gotta think about what your friend wants as well..if she's happy try and be happy for her? idk babe but i've been in the same situation and i get how hard it is, maybe it's best that she stays as just a friend? :slight_smile:

6. Daisy1

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

7. Daisy1

Further reflection: I think part of why I'm disappointed is because I'm embarrassed to have become so attached. I told myself that I knew she was straight and I just appreciated getting to look at her and be around her in a completely "rational," distant sense, while it was actually a bit deeper than that.

Anyone else fall into that trap?

8. SarahRod98

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    yep. im goin through that right now. shes the most amazing, smart, funny girl ever..... and im pretty sure shes straight. i dont know yet though, shes new at my school... :slight_smile: theres still hope! how do i find out?

9. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

In high school I had a straight crush on this hot boy in my chemistry class.
    I get jealous when I saw him near his locker with his girlfriend.
    I eventually got teased by a group of boys who found out I had a crush on that guy.

10. TheUndiscovered

We've all been there. :C Oh straight people, why you so sexy?
    I even thought my friend might be gay because of it. Raised high doubts when he told me how he felt about homosexuals.

11. Lessard

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I fell for my best friend (girl) I guess I started acting a little weird around her trying to hide it and I pulled away from her so were not friends anymore... It's kinda a good thing though cause she was a real b**** when other are around and she's straight. Now I'm into another straight girl. Y can't I just fall for a gay/bi girl... So frustrating being in a town with no others like me but only 1 gay guy (my far cousin but I think he moved away for school...)

12. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Been there and I'm in that! Same thing so I'm commiserating with you. I kept settling as friends, but I'm always disappointed in myself when my thoughts wander to what it would be like if she liked me back, or if I can't take my eyes off her. It IS very embarrassing... even when I tell myself I'm NOT thinking about her like that, a dark part of me always secretly is. -__-

Haha this is true! :icon_bigg

13. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I totally get you. There's this girl in one of my classes who I've had classes with four semesters in a row. I never talked to her the first two semesters, finally sat next to her and talked to her a little the third semester, and now in the fourth semester, I've developed a huge crush on her and can't stop thinking about her (and it just came about quite suddenly; I had never thought of her that way before). More likely than not, she's straight, and even if not, I know I don't stand a chance. Still, even knowing that, I can't help how I feel. I try to control it and tell myself that I can get over this. Then every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning when I see her, she smiles at me, and says hi, I turn to mush all over again haha. I get so nervous just sitting next to her, I'm literally shaking. And in the class before when I'm anticipating seeing her soon, my stomach's churning and I get all restless and my heart's pounding.

I, too, just appreciate getting to be around her and getting to see her at all. These last few classes, for some reason, my chair that's usually next to hers at the back of the classes got moved somewhere else, so there was no place to sit next to her. I haven't been able to sit next to her for a week, and it's really pissing me off. Then, I feel really stupid for getting so upset over this. It's not like sitting next to her will really get me any closer to her. I don't even know how to talk to her if it's not about school stuff. But I just want to be near her, you know? At least we get to say hi and bye if I'm sitting next to her. And now lately I've been worrying about next semester. What if I don't get another class with her? What if we don't continue this streak and get a 5th semester in a row together? What if I don't ever see her again? I can't even get the guts to add her on facebook, so there's no way I'd keep in touch with her. :icon_redf I just feel so dumb for letting myself get to this point when it's so futile.

Sorry for the rant! Guess I needed to vent, too.

14. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm in that situation right now, and I hate it. I have a girl crush, she has a boyfriends, makes me sad, but ..... I still have a crush on her.

15. fumblebee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know how you feel. I am also in a similar situation. I have the biggest crush on a female friend of mine but there are at least 3 obstacles in my way 1) she's straight 2) she's in a committed long term relationship with a really nice guy (4 years now I think - or thereabouts) and 3) I'm too terrified to even tell her I'm bi so there wouldn't even be ANY possibility of anything even if 1 & 2 weren't issues.

But on the flip side, she is a fabulous friend who is fun to be around and I love her to bits and I love spending time with her, but it also hurts so much it is scary.

16. itsjoanna

All the people I've had a crush on are all straight (at least they were out straight).
    Such a bad situation. :frowning2:

17. maschine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Unrequited love is a bitch. I have a huge crush on a straight female friend/coworker that has no idea I'm a lesbian. I'm terrified that if I come out to her, she'll discover my feelings and be too weirded out to continue being my friend. Being a lesbian in the middle of nowhere is a real pain in the ass. In the mean time, keep looking for an actual living/breathing potential girlfriend that is not psychotic (impossible...I know), and continue surfing through videos on OML (onemorelesbian.com) until you feel less sad. Good luck!

18. aeva

Totally gotcha there hun. I crushed on the same straight girl for years, listening to her cry every time she got the sh*t beaten out of her by her boyfriend or every time he would ignore her for days at a time, wishing that I could hold her and treat her like the princess she was.

I think it's something that we all go through, and it definitely sucks. The only thing that can help is time, I'm afraid.

19. Jess142

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi guys, i thought i'd just jump on and tell you all that sometimes straight crush's work out. I met this girl playing softball at school and we imediately became friends, i knew her history and she had been with a lot of guys. After a while i asked her who she liked and was sadened when she said no one. When she asked me in turn i said oh no body and after about 3 hours of constant nagging she got it out of me. I told her i liked her and her respose was "oh well that's ok, nothing will change between us". I was really bummed by this untill she text me 3 days later asking me to meet her in the librbary at lunch. We met and she told me how she couldnt stop thinking about what i had said and after a long discussion she suggested we be friends with benefits. I wasn't to into the idea because i really wanted to be with her properly but if it meant that i got to be that close to her than i was up for it. A week later i asked her to be my girlfriend and she said YES!! and that amazing girl i met playing softball is now my fiance. I have never been so happy and even though it sucks falling for a straight girl i wouldn't change a thing. To think that had i not told her that i liked her i wouldn't be in an amazing relationship. Sorry to go on about it but the moral of the story is if you dont try you'll never know. Stay positive guys, everybody was made for somebody and the time when you meet them will come. Take a chance and tell people how you feel, good luck with your straight crush's guys and gals and don't forget to take a chance :slight_smile:

20. Pat

Pat

Oh, the unrequited love. It's the strongest kind there is.. damn heartbreaking too. You have to start looking to meet people who will have a genuine interest in you. I've gone through the same thing several times. Especially when I thought the guy was confused and not as straight as he thinks..then he's like, "yeah, I have a gf and we have sex" lol. And it gets me every time dammit haha