1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drag KINGS

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MommaFrog, Nov 10, 2011.

1. MommaFrog

Been thinking about trying out drag kinging. I have a friend thats a drag queen and he has so much fun... He told me I should drag king, cause i love entertaining and im a decent actress....

Anyone ever done it?
    Ideas to get started?

2. J Snow

Obviously as I am male I have never done it, but I'm really interested in getting into drag too. So not to hijack your thread, but if anyone has general drag advice that could apply to queens that would be helpful to. From my own observation of drag kings at shows I've been to it usually involves either

1. Baggy clothes, backwards cap, and rap music... and/or
    2. Fake facial hair and rock music

3. Aya McCabre

Teaming up with your friend would be a good way to get started if he's interested. That's what I did, first as a backup dancer then as a duet partner. The performing side just needs a character and a bit of observation.

As far as physical stuff goes, sports bras or similar, then a baggy singlet (tshirts cling in the wrong places, so you need this layer to fill in the curves around your waste and hips to make it look straight up and down), then whatever you want. There's a fair bit of advice out there about makeup (most of the good tips I've found are on youtube), or you can look up what queens do and reverse it (shadows where they highlight etc). I found it easier to do my makeup after I did drag queen makeup a few times.
    Also, facial hair doesn't have to be expensive. I use spirit glue because I have sensitive skin but you can do it with a glue stick and just soak it off at the end of the night. I get my loose hair by cutting up $5 synthetic extensions.... once you know what you're doing you can generally cut corners and get your costs down.

Hope that helps.... feel free to drop me a line if you have questions.

4. MommaFrog

Thank you soooo much! *^_^*