1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EC Awards

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CrimsonThunder, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrimsonThunder

Well its December and that means its time for most forums to have their yearly awards ceremony, and I was just wondering if anyone was interested in having one for EC?

Reasons to have one:

People get congratulated and acknowleged on their work around the forum.

Reasons not to have one:

People might get left out thus feel sad.

Im for it! I'll be the one that sets everything up too. ^^

If it does go through, how would people want to do it? Polls, posts or PMs? One winner per award or anyone thats nominated gets an award?

2. davo-man

Hehe, I put this idea forwad like a few months ago. I reckon it would be fun, a bit of holiday jolliness (if that's a word), so yeah Im all for it

what kind of categories would you be thinking of?

3. InaRut

Most Awesome:
    Inarut :grin:

4. neverover

how bout the best scandal made by the ec members? king n queen of ec? smartest? funniest? the most post with no meanings (get my point?)? craziest? oh, and the list keep on goin'..... (its fun btw, i do dis in my class every yr)

5. CrimsonThunder

Sexiest member.

Nah :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Helpful Member
    Smart Member

Like those. :slight_smile: But the members here choose the categories.

6. Steam Giant

When I don't get all the awards I'm coming after YOU, Crimson! :starwars:

^^

Seriously though? I'd have to vote nay, for that exact reason. There should be only one award, Awesomest Person Ever, and it should go out to every member, mod, admin, what have you! (&&&) what better way to celebrate the end of the year than by including everyone! :thumbsup:

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I agree with Dan on this. The trouble with popularity contests and awards etc as that those who are left out feel rejected. At EC nobody should feel rejected, because everyone is welcome.

8. Ty

Ty Guest

Oh Oh Oh !

What award do i get :wink:

9. xxAngelOnFirexx

mock elections might be fun. and so no one is left out you have to 'sign up' to be included. and we'll have some time to sign up. and there will be lists and stuff. just an idea so no one is left out!

10. Spark

Spark Guest

^thats a very good idea

i dont think people should take the things to seriousley though. Its all in good fun:slight_smile:

11. Jeimuzu

There's always a lot of complaints whenever ### does stuff like this, and even when it's well organised, there's still trouble. However, the trick is to have no categories that can cause argument. Those on ### might remember Robbieadam's one?

The categories were more along the lines of most flirtatious and most silly, etc. One category I did protest about the inclusion was oddly the one I got nominated for. Still don't think it should have been included though, all the categories were neutral except for that one and perhaps one other.

I like the ideas of having a EC election, but one thing to remember; Paul_uk is already President/Prime Minister. So we'd be looking for Minister of Education, Minister of Defence, etc etc. We could add random ones which don't exist, as well, if we like.

I'm running as the Lib Dem candidate, rather than Monster Raving Loony (who I'd normally go for) :wink:

#11 Jeimuzu, Dec 11, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  12. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I still well remember the fiasco when someone started listing a top ten of members by post counts. It was only started as a bit of fun but it caused a LOT of upset and complaints, including interestingly some from a couple of people who have endorsed the suggestions in this thread! The mess rumbled on for at least a couple of weeks.

We are discussing this in the mods area in light of this thread and the feeling so far is universally AGAINST any sort of popularly contests or awards.

If someone wants to start an informal fun thread in Fun and Games such as "give an award to the person above" that's fine. But any sort of more structured awards voting and ceremony really is asking for trouble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.