1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rememberance/Armistice Day 2011

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Fintan, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Fintan

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYlrrAWCTRg[/YOUTUBE]

Lest we forget.

#1 Fintan, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  2. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We had a two minuet silence in school today. I didn't have a lesson so I was in the common room and the head of the student council and I got everybody to be silent and then counted 2 mins. There were two girls in the corner of the room who ignored us and were talking while watching a video on youtube. Everyone was looking at them like 'wtf are you doing' and somebody went over to turn off their video 'then they turned it back on'. What the hell? Do they have no respect? Loads of people yelled at them for it afterwards, but it's just so disrespectful. There were other people who didn't care about today in that room but they were still quiet, and by making noise they were making it all about themselves, no about what a silence is supposed to be about. So that really pissed me off.

3. Emberstone

Was just going to post about this for veterens day/remeberence day/armistice day.

not often we have a holiday that spans national boundaries.

4. Fiddledeedee

Our Spanish class finished at 11, so the two minutes were held just at the end. Everyone was silent, but before it there was one boy saying that he did not want to do it because it was supporting soldiers and he didn't want war. Uh... Thankfully he did shut up.

We Remember.

5. Emberstone

what a dolt. This is not about supporting war, but remebering the end of a particularly violent conflict that involved most of the civilized world. this day has nothing to do with some message for or against war, but remebering those who served in a world war.

6. Doctor Faustus

Quite. Hear, hear.