1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

our parents

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by firemaker13, Nov 12, 2011.

1. firemaker13

Do you ever think that parents could make you more gay or the parents already knew that you were gay. And just trying to help us come out.

2. Rooni321

Not my parents. Even though I'm trying my dammedest to make it obvious to them.

3. needshelp

honestly, i believe my parents have had their suspicions or they probably know to some degree but don't want to believe it. i remember back when i was 14 and i mentioned something about my disapproval for gay people even though i was going through an internal conflict with myself and my mom said something like "it's okay, you can be whoever you want to be" with a reassuring smile that hinted that she knew i was gay.

and my father i think either last year or earlier this year when he saw something on the tv about gay people or whatever. he said something about "you hear me, son. don't get involved with gay people. stay away from that". those weren't his exact words but he said something to that nature. i told him that i wasn't gay and why would he even think that. :icon_sad:

4. starfish

I'm fairly sure that my mom knew.

5. Vesper

I think that my mom may have had her suspicions, especially each time I told her I wanted my hair cut short, but my dad doesn't. She has asked me several times whether or not I was a lesbian, and I would say "no" each time.

6. TraceElement

I think my mom had her suspicions, but never asked until after I went to the pride parade. I made it pretty obvious to my dad, but he never asked, but probaby suspected a little.

7. SA Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really have no idea if they know i am not straight, i try to drop hints but they are all fairly subtle. When i was younger i was quite feminine so maybe they do know. Thinking about it my mum probably does know because she asked me for fashion advice a few times but i replied by saying "how would i know?" etc. :confused:

8. caughtbywitness

They didn't. Have to repeatedly remind them for a while but now they've got the gist.

Some parents do though, I remember Jodi Picoult saying she knew her son was. :slight_smile:

9. Rinto

Rinto Guest

They had suspicions from since when I was young. My mom never though I actually was bi when I came out to her, somehow indirectly.^^ I'm not trying to make it so obvious; I still wanna act all straight.

10. Daisy1

I hope my parents know, but I think I've just been reading too much into some of the things they've said.

Also, they seem to think my sister may be gay, which is interesting...

11. firemaker13

My mother I think she knew, when I was looking for a mate, she said I think you should keep the males friends, maybe u should have a life partner. But everytime I left a relationship saying I am going lesbian now. The first few times they said you don't want to do that. Now its just whatever makes you happy

12. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My parents knew that I was different, they just were not sure how. I was not like the normal girls that enjoyed to do girl things, I instead enjoyed to play with the guys toys. I also hated to dress like a girl. The thing that threw them off was that I love my long hair (although I really need to get it cut because now it's getting too long..)

13. Mimerio

Hmmm, I think they have had suspicions, or they are waiting for me to confirm said suspicions, my mother especially.

14. kellymporta

I think my mom has her suspicions because she has asked me several times about why I've never had a girlfriend and if I like girls or boys.

15. Alex15

Surrounded by the Old Repulican Vangard (Texas)
    I think my parents know, Dad probably doesn't want to admit it to himself, and my mom is so religious she thought I turned atheist because I took a biology class... So yes, her close ties to Christianity have probably already made her decision on whether or not she would be accepting or not for her. Sometimes I just wish I could tell them! But there is know way I'd be able to know what their reactions would be like, they are so hard to read!

16. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My parents were mildly surprised if not shocked. But they always have been supportive, and they didn't let me down in this case, either.

Lex

17. Bolin

I think my mother knows and that she's in denial. She even asked me before (I said no). As for the "trying to make you more gay so you'll come out" deal, yeah, no. She basically does the opposite...she tries/has tried to mold me into the "emotionless, hard, take-charge, macho stereotypical Black man" role... She's extremely homophobic, and I overheard a telephone conversation one night with her and one of her sisters saying she'd be heartbroken if one of her kids turned out to be gay. Oh, well.

18. Aeon Magus

My mom was oblivious to who I really am. And she wasn't supportive at first, either. As time went on, she did, however. Ahhh... good ol' granma. Hahaha!!

19. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My mom said she knew but only because I was in a bad depression after going through a (pretty much) break-up and after being outed at school. She was okay with it but just said it would be a harder life.

She didn't have any clues before the depression though.