1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushes on fictional characters?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Vesper, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Vesper

The last thread on this topic was posted about four years ago, so I figured that rather than resurrecting that long-dead thread, I'd start a new one.

I have developed strong affections for two female anime characters: Major Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and Balsa from Seirei no Moribito (the woman in my avatar). Both are women who had horrific events happen in their childhoods, but overcame adversity to become the absolute best at what they do--Motoko as an elite law enforcement officer for the Japanese government, and Balsa as a female bodyguard who is skilled with spears. They are easily the equals of the most capable men in their professions, but they know how to use good old feminine wiles and stereotypes of women to their advantage in achieving their ends. They are proud, but never excessively so, and generally perform their duties with honor and integrity (these are challenged at times). Beneath their tough and reticent facades lie deep-seated insecurities related to those tragic events in their childhoods, and both are as capable of acts of sentimentality and tenderness as acts of brutal violence.

Other female characters I have crushes on include Riza Hawkeye from Fullmetal Alchemist, Megara from Disney's Hercules, Jane from Disney's Tarzan, Aurora from Disney's Sleeping Beauty, Princess Zelda, and Terra and Celes from Final Fantasy VI.Terra, Celes, and Hawkeye are on the list for the same or similar reasons as the Major and Balsa. Jane, Aurora, and Megara are on the list because I love the way they're drawn in their films, though Jane and Megara gain more brownie points for showing courage at critical times. Princess Zelda has amazing ears, and would be just another damsel in distress if not for her magical skills and a**-kicking alter egos.

Who are your fictional character crushes, and why?

#1 Vesper, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Gargoyles came into my life in ninth grade, and for reasons I still don't understand, it really struck a chord with me; many chords in fact. One of those chords was lusty in nature, for I developed a mini obsession for the character Broadway.

[​IMG]

I've always liked bigger guys, so it's not all that surprising that I took a liking to him, but looking back, I still can't believe how into him I got. It might have been because Gargoyles was the first arguably adult cartoon I ever saw (it was made for kids, but a lot of people compared it to the batman cartoon as far as potential for adults to like it goes), and even when I was young, I was attracted to "older" people (my first memories of finding guys hot were all having those feelings towards people my parents' age), so the chubby characters in kids cartoons usually weren't of any interest to me. Granted, I think it's supposed to be implied that Broadway is in the older side of being a teenager, but it's not like you can really tell the difference.

3. DarkClarity

Male fictional characters I've had a crush on at some point: L (Death Note), Colonel Mustang (FullMetalAlchemist), Prince Zuko (Avatar:Legend of Aang) and Prince Schneizel (Code Geass). I can relate to Zuko the most. He was conflict, he had to struggle , he was unsure about who he was. L and Mustang are in their own way kind and hilarious. As for Schneizel I just thought he was hot.

Female fictional characters: Bulma (DBZ), Kallen (Code Geass), Nina Liebert (Monster) and Lust(FullMetalAlchemist). They're all smart, talented, independent and take no shit from anyone. I find that attractive in women for some reason.

4. Mogget

I had a crush on one of the rats from Mrs Frisby and the Rats of NIMH, Lirael from Lirael, Will Perry from His Dark Materials, and I think that's it. Nothing recent.

5. Rooni321

When I was little I had a huge crush on Tinkerbell :slight_smile:

6. Doctor Faustus

Mike Doyle, who played Ryan O'Halloran on "Law & Order: SVU".
    OHMIGOD. <3

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since Owen's link isn't working, here's a picture (hopefully) of Broadway with his younger clanmate Lexington.

[​IMG]

As for me, yes. It took a rather bizarre crush on a cartoon character to help me come to grips with my sexuality. To this day, I'm quite fond of him, and have pleasant memories of my rather unorthodox crush. :slight_smile:

[​IMG]

Lex

8. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Colossus, from X-Men. :lol:

[​IMG]

9. crazyhead

Samwise Gamgee from LOTR. He's an adorable obedient little puppy dog like boy. Who's chubby.

10. GhostDog

Angua from Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels. Not only do I have a crush on her, I am jealous of her equally-fictional boyfriend. (I mean, I love Carrot. I think they are fantastic together. Still jealous.) Number one fictional crush!

I also have a crush on... several of the characters from Doctor Who. The Doctor (especially no's 10 and 8), River Song, Amy Pond, Rose Tyler, Ace, Leela, Romana, Nyssa... Sarah Jane Smith in the classic series, but in the new series, every time I see her I'm filled with the overwhelming urge to just run up and hug her. I want Older!Sarah Jane Smith to be my grandma and I am just so sad that Elisabeth Sladen passed. ;_;

Death from The Sandman series. Unf. And while we're talking comics, Rose Red from Fables.

I had a crush on the rat guy from the Secret of Nimh, too, as a kid. (Justin?) I think he was my only actual cartoon crush. All the other cartoon dudes I liked, I wanted to be. I'd pretend I was Robin Hood or Balto or Simba all day long. But, let's be honest, a lot of the girls in cartoons were kinda lame. Nala and Mulan were cool, but they were about it until I was older. Jane from Daria was great, though. I kept wanting her and Daria to get together. >:|

I also love Tonks from Harry Potter, though I am at least 90% sure that's because I think Natalia Tena is cute as hell.

11. Mercy

Mercy Guest

anne shirley from anne of green gables

12. Bolin

My biggest crush on a fictional character was probably Detective Goren from Law and Order: Criminal Intent. He was just really quirky and different, which led to my crush the character...plus, his actor has really nice hands...:icon_redf

[​IMG]

13. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What I can remember off the top of my head (I know there are alot more): Robin Hood (from the Disney version of the movie), Jack Skellington (Nightmare Before Christmas), Balto, Hercules, Darkwing Duck, Tod (The Fox and the Hound), Simba
    And I also had one random lady crush on Starfire from Teen Titans :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. Pilgrim is hot

probably not hard to guess my main one Mr Pilgrim :grin:

[​IMG]

but also Spike from Cowboy Bebop soooo damn cool:

[​IMG]

15. Doctor Faustus

Oh I adored Goren. Didn't have the hots for him, just loved his interrogation technique. I always wanted to BE him. Vince D'Onofrio is a smart actor. Hats off to Rene Balcer too, the writer who created the character.

I have a thing for Hamlet and Marc Anthony.

16. Vesper

Er, I forgot to mention the only male fictional character that I really like and that's Cid Highwind from Final Fantasy VII. He's a scruffy, foul-mouthed pilot with a heart of gold, a dream of going into space, and an abiding love for science. Cid's the type of guy I'd go for if I were straight...that lucky Shera.

17. factwithinfiction

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Does this come as much of a surprise?

18. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Captain Jack and his space butler Ianto Jones of course :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. RedKnight

My main 2 are Roxas from Kingdom Hearts and Kiba from Naruto.

20. Rinto

Rinto Guest

My male fictional crushes are Watanuki Kimihiro (xxxholic), Uchiha Sasuke from Naruto and a little bit to Kinomoto Touya (Cardcaptor Sakura), Kurogane and Tsubasa Li (Syaoran look-alike, both from Tsubasa Chronicles.) My most favorite, Seisshirou of TRC, became my biggest crush that he even composed most of my own fictional character, Xantil.

My female crushes is only one which is of my own derivation, Elise. I have no other crushes.

One may notice that almost all came from CLAMP works. It's because I only watch most of their anime^^